Pacific40 Pics and Europe40 Questions

This game, measuring 35”x32” is compatible with the yet to be released Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game (coming in August 2010). This game includes newly introduced units such as mechanized infantry and tactical bombers.
WILD BILL

Re: Pacific40 Pics and Europe40 Questions

Post by WILD BILL » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

I hadn't thought about splitting the US. Your right IL they could be two players the way things look. Even US conquest would be split where the two maps come together, and each would surly have enough money. As I see it though you would still want one person in control. That way if you wanted to focus on one side or the other you could, even if the money and NO's are split. You could say drop ships in the Pacific and air on Eastern US. Then fly over the air units to join your navy. It would take a little more planning and slight delays, but could still be done. You might even see the Panama Canal used a little more, as it should be.

I wonder if the US economy will be dubbed down in the global game, I would think it would stay the same, but maybe not. Man with like 100 IPC's total +NO's the axis surly would wait as long as possible before they bring them in.

For that matter I wonder if there will be any changes in set up or IPC's with any of the powers involved for the global game vs the individual games.

Emperor_Taiki

Post by Emperor_Taiki » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:57 pm

There might be added some French and Russian units in the pacfic theater, but it think it would show a sevre lack of planing if the setup was changed for UK, ANZAC, Japan, or US in pacfic for the uber game

And looking at the pacfic setup it looks like Japan could be two players aswell! :lol

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Emperor_Taiki
think it would show a sevre lack of planing if the setup was changed for UK, ANZAC, Japan, or US in pacfic for the uber game
The fact is, in the "uber" game there is a change to the ANZAC set up...

If you play the uber game you will find ANZAC units in Egypt. If you play simply the Europe game, and if for some mysterious reason you don't yet have the Pacific game, you won't have the ANZAC units to place in Egypt. You'd only use it in the uber game in any case, and that would require having both games. [But], you're kind of right... There will be no changes to the Pacific game setup per se. Does that qualify for some sever GOOD planning? :)

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 pm

questioneer wrote:Larry or Kreighund,

Since P40 came with its own NOs, it is assumed that E40 will also.

Will the global game come with a brand new set of NOs or just use the ones established in P40 and E40???

Do you understand my question??? I'll clarify more if needed.

Thanks in advance again.

P.S. Superb game by the way- can't wait for June '10 for Europe 40 :D
and

When will the FAQs and Errata be out???
Larry, more answers please. :)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Does that qualify for some sever GOOD planning?
Well sort of. Was it considered to 'ghost' the setup on the map so it could be played quicker?

I think it could be done in a way where it would not effect the aesthetics.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Emperor_Taiki

Post by Emperor_Taiki » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Larry wrote:Emperor_Taiki
think it would show a sevre lack of planing if the setup was changed for UK, ANZAC, Japan, or US in pacfic for the uber game

If you play the uber game you will find ANZAC units in Egypt. If you play simply the Europe game, and if for some mysterious reason you don't yet have the Pacific game, you won't have the ANZAC units to place in Egypt. You'd only use it in the uber game in any case, and that would require having both games. [But], you're kind of right... There will be no changes to the Pacific game setup per se. Does that qualify for some sever GOOD planning? :)
O thats great news!yah i think its great that the ANZAC contributin to the European threater and north africa will be represented.

Tralis

Post by Tralis » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:10 am

Larry wrote:Emperor_Taiki

I think it qualifies, yes. Of course there will be some changes, I'm sure, such as the Soviets now having an extra 9 territories and the extra production to go with it, but its good to here that Global won't be a simplified version. That's definitely good planning.

mike b

Post by mike b » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:19 pm

Larry would it be possible to have a USA B-25 Mitchell and a UK Fairey Swordfish for the two countries respective tac-bmr sculpts in AAE40? This would be freakin awesome!
No soldier ever won a war by dying for his country