Official Rules Clarifications

The sister game to Axis & Allies Pacific 1940. Due out August 24, 2010
Krieghund

Re: Official Rules Clarifications

Post by Krieghund » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 pm

david.durham.jr wrote:I have a couple scenarios:

1 - let's say I have an attack like this.

attacker: 2 subs, defender: 1 trans, 1 destroyer, 1 scrambled fighter

In round 1, the destroyer is killed and at least 1 sub is still alive, what happens to the transport? Can the fighter still hit them?

Second scenario:

I have a fighter with a tactical bomber in an attack. round 1, the fighter gets hit, in round 2 does the tactical bomber attack at 3 or 4?

Thanks
1 - The fighter can't hit the subs and the transport is toast.

2 - 3.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Axisrucher

Post by Axisrucher » Wed May 23, 2012 7:04 am

I was wondering when the USA goes to war with Japan in the third turn does it still have its boost income of 40 in the eastern USA? or is tht only applicable to the pacific 1940 board?

another thing if lets say Japan manages to occupy the Eastern USA in the second turn and has only declared war on the USA in tht turn does Japan get 50 IPCs from the territory or 10?

Axisrucher

Post by Axisrucher » Wed May 23, 2012 7:13 am

srry scratch tht western USA not eastern

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Wed May 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Welcome, Axisrucher!

The 40 IPCs for Western United States is a US National Objective. As such, no other power may ever collect it. The National Objectives in the Global game replace those in the Theatre games, so the US does not get the 40 IPCs in the Globale game.

Yavid

Post by Yavid » Fri May 25, 2012 1:19 am

Krieg I really liked when you answered questions by answering them and a rulebook reference. Example: Yes, see page 15 of the rulebook. Please cont. doing this. and good job making or at very least helping make such a great game.
Behold the Power of Yavid

Fantabulor

Post by Fantabulor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:03 pm

One question in regards to strict neutral powers. In the event that Germany were to attack Turkey, would Mongolia become pro-Allied?

In the converse case, would a Japaenese invasion of Mongolia trigger Turkey to become pro-Allied? I assume if Mongolia is already pro-Allied then no, but what if it is still a strict neutral when attacked by Japan?

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Fantabulor wrote:One question in regards to strict neutral powers. In the event that Germany were to attack Turkey, would Mongolia become pro-Allied?
Yes.
Fantabulor wrote:In the converse case, would a Japaenese invasion of Mongolia trigger Turkey to become pro-Allied?
Yes.
Fantabulor wrote:I assume if Mongolia is already pro-Allied then no, but what if it is still a strict neutral when attacked by Japan?
The only way that Mongolia can become a pro-Allies neutral is if an Axis power attacks a strict neutral, so Turkey would already be pro-Allies in that case.

Fantabulor

Post by Fantabulor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:38 pm

My apologies, I realize that I read the terms of the Non-Aggression Pact wrong. Good to know about the neutrals, though I'm not sure whether, in reality, Mongolian-Japanese relations would have the same effect on Turkey's policy towards the European Axis or Allied powers that a German invasion of Spain or Sweden would.