Very interesting question

Axis and Allies: Europe pits you and your opponents in the massive struggle of World War 2 in Europe, the Atlantic, and across North Africa and the Middle East. This spin on the classic game adds new pieces (artillery and destroyers), new economic warfare rules (convoys, Middle Eastern oil fields, and expanded strategic bombing), and a more detailed European theater.
Autocad

Very interesting question

Post by Autocad » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:04 am

Well, my son trounced me again!!!! He played the Germans.

Here is my unusual question. The Germans took Moscow, I got creamed.
BUT..
The Russians had one bomber and a transport with 2 infantry within striking range of the German capital. So my last gasp was the German capital, which he left with 5 infanrty. Guess what...I took it!!!

So I have the German cash (and the Russian cash He just took) but what do I do with it? He has MY capital (Moscow) so I cannot spend it.
I still have Stalingrad, Lenningrad, with factories.

I read the rules, but not sure if I can build in those factories.
Thanks
John

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:08 am

You're not allowed to purchase units as long as your capital is in enemy hands, even if you have other industrial comlpexes. When Moscow is liberated, you can spend the IPCs. Until then, you just have to hold onto them.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 am

This old rules need some update. As long as you own a territory with a factory on, you should be allowed to purchase units there. And if you dont have any factories, you should be allowed to buy a new factory and place it in one of your territories. This rule would make sense. Sure hope it will be includet in the reprint of A&A Europe and Pacific.

Blackhat

Post by Blackhat » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:47 am

I dunno. I always assumed the loss of all IPCs to be more reflective of a production paralysis from governmental decapitation rather than just an economic event.
Perhaps there should be a compromise from OOB zero production to business-as-usual?
Hmmm maybe only income from territories with ICs or only those home territories with the player's own forces (not Allies) in place (like a martial law thang)?

Autocad

Post by Autocad » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:52 am

In 2 more turns, he would have cleaned every Russian off the board.

Thanks for the answers...

John