Imperial Germany

Breaking away from the Second World War and paying a visit and tribute to the First World War. Coming this March, 2013
Flashman

Re: Imperial Germany

Post by Flashman » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:43 am

I'm not certain of that, the report doesn't make it specific. But it may be that its done that way precisely to prevent what you've just outlined.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:13 pm

When will France be uploaded? Can't stand to wait!

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 am

Larry is having a hard time deciding where France needs to attack...

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah, its the French, they're not sure what to do. Sould they fight or just surrender. Oh never mind, wrong war :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 pm

To me, the German invasion of Holland seems like a bad idea. Sure, it adds to or three IPC's to Germany's pressured bank account, but at the same time opens up yet another territory from where the Allies can attack by sea. Even worse, the Americans only have a two turn journey from the US tt to Holland, instead of the normal three to Kiel. Furthermore, the battle will cost Germany some troops that she then can't use on the battlefield against France.
I'm really looking forward to the Western Front in this game, though, to see if Germany is actually able to capture Paris in every game if they pour all their resources into it, or if it is a mere game of luck there. I'm pretty sure that the Russian Front is relatively easy to win as Germany, because Russia is quite poor and her forces widely spread out.
Come on, Larry, give us France!!! :x

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:31 am

But can Germany afford to send an army to Moscow? It'll take them 7 turns to get back to the western front.
I'm thinking that the only viable CP strategy is Paris-Rome. I agree that Holland is a bad idea, but Switzerland would create a single front from which the two drives could support each other.
Hold the eastern front with minimum force, attacking Russia with Turkey.
Attachments
AlpineAttack.PNG
AlpineAttack.PNG (7.56 KiB) Viewed 3263 times

olskoolsouljah

Post by olskoolsouljah » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:26 pm

Personally, I'd like to see railroads implemented in the game somehow (I have some house rules, if anyone's interested). Germany had a very robust system of railways during the war and was able to shuffle troops between fronts rather easily (well, more easily than 7 turns worth anyway :) ).

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I refer you to the discussion here:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind ... ic=29865.0