Sea Lion in Alpha 3

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
Krieghund

Re: Sea Lion in Alpha 3

Post by Krieghund » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Noll wrote:Krieg: will you ever put the proposed changes in the Alpha+3 first post?
I don't have the power to alter Larry's posts.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

TheOne

Post by TheOne » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

My main point was that the game is great as it sits now. No need for anymore changes. The balance is there and let's get a new print and copy of the set up ;)
We all share the same planet....But live in our own little worlds!!!

JimmyHat

Post by JimmyHat » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

questioneer wrote: French AA gun- Please, let this argument go. The French AA gun has NO effect on anything- this argument is a joke.
Pretty sure they just posted the effects and arguments pro/con the aa gun. Do you even read other posts?

It serves no purpose, why is it there?

SirEdward

Post by SirEdward » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Hey, guys!

After a very long time, I tackle again the hard task of seeing where the rules are now. I thought Alpha+3, 11/17, was the last issue, but I now see things have progressed!

But I haven't... It took my group 4 months to complete the last game we started (20 turns... Allied victory, by far the best game we've ever had at this game, for a vast series of reason). However, I've tried to get a hold on this topic, but it's way bigger than me, so I have to ask for your help:

Where are we now? Do we have any official modifications to the rules listed at the beginning of the Alpha+3 thread? Is Krieghund impossibility to modify the post only a technical problem or is it that Larry hasn't endorsed the chenges proposed here?

What are the rules now?

Sorry to jump in here and ask all these questions, but after I rapidly checked several times for any changings, now I really have to figure out what has been going on during the last month at least.

Thank you for your patience! (particularly yours, Krieg!)
"they're coming out of the ***damn walls" (Japan Player speaking of Chinese infantry).

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Krieghund wrote:Here are the current changes:

Move the French cruiser in 112 to 110.
Move the UK cruiser in 112 to 111.
Move the German cruiser and transport in 113 to 114.
Add 1 UK
mechanized infantry and 1 French infantry to United Kingdom.
Add 1 UK infantry and 1 AA gun to Scotland.
Change 1 French tank and 1 French artillery in France to equivalent UK units.

Change the Soviet "Spread of Communism" NO to "3 IPCs for each original German, Italian, or pro-Axis neutral territory that the Soviet Union controls."
SirEdward, this is the most currant proposed changes to Alpha+3 (from bottom of pg#80). They aren't official at this point, waiting on final word from Larry. Could be a minor tweak, but for now this is what we got. I believe the part in red is a most recent tweak that may be a bit questionable. I've used it, along with many others and the response has been positive. It seems to play out very nice to this point, especially the new naval set around the UK.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:57 pm

I have reviewed the above changes with Larry, and they are now official as written. We've also added 1 AA gun to India, bringing the total there to 3.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

TheOne

Post by TheOne » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Krieghund wrote:I have reviewed the above changes with Larry, and they are now official as written. We've also added 1 AA gun to India, bringing the total there to 3.
India thanks you !!!! Very nice. Let's gets to playing some global A&A !!!

Wooohooooo!!!!!!

Thanks for all the hard work!!!
We all share the same planet....But live in our own little worlds!!!

Gen. Dicenhower

Post by Gen. Dicenhower » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Thanks Larry and Krieghund.

This Sea Lion thread has been a pleasure participating in. Superb debating, thanks to all that had imput into this.

I am looking forward to playing a F2F game this weekend.

The added AA in India is a welcome suprise.

The money for the Second Edition is burning a hole in my pocket.