Alpha +4

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
Imperious leader

Alpha +4

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:29 pm

So what do you want in this version?
Last edited by Imperious leader on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Gen. Dicenhower

Re: Alpha 4+

Post by Gen. Dicenhower » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:08 pm

I would like to see a combined arms rule for Mech. Inf. and Art. units that goes something like this.

Raise the cost of Mech. Inf. to 5 IPC'S
Defense values/rules remain the same for both units.
Mech and Art units when combined 1 for 1 attack as 2's.
Mech and Art units when combined 1 for 1 can move 2.
A combined Mech and Art can only blitz with a Tank. 1 for 1 for 1.

Imperious leader

Re: Alpha 4+

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:26 pm

I want a redone tech tree with new concepts rather than borrowed ideas from past global games. An actual technology concept based on actual technology which actually was developed in WW2.

Secondly, changes in rules for strict neutrals and another scenario for a quicker game.

The second printing of the game should include a ghosted setup right on the map to make it easy to start play.

Lastly, a version that has no NO's and national victory conditions so players can win independently from their alliance.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

oztea

Re: Alpha +4

Post by oztea » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:42 am

IL I agree with your "more tech" but keep in mind this is a board game, and an approximation. War Bonds and the like are a neccesity....we cant have techs like "Better ball bearings" and the like.
I want more, but I want simplicty and name recognition, even if that means blending technology with things like societal changes

Changes to strict neutrals :D
The current system has the non-aligned nations faction of the cold war or something....hard to see Portugal rousing to defend Saudi Arabia....etc

More setups :D
Though a 1939 setup is just out of reach, because of map implications
Id love to see multiple setups. 1940, 1941, 1942
Even an established bidding system, sort of the ghost of the 12 IPC Europe rule
Or a setup variable charts running from 2-12, roll two dice and apply the result. #7 being the most realistic modification...like...umm

Allies:
#7 Dunkirk Evacuation more successful (Place 1 UK artillery and 1 UK tank on England)
#6 Soviet Far Eastern forces bolstered (Place 1 Soviet artillery, 1 Soviet Tank and 2 Soviet mech infantry in Sakah)
#5 United States drafts earleir (Place 2 additoanl US Infantry in Western United States and Eastern United States)
#12 might be something crazy...because its the rarest number to roll on two dice
likewise #2 would be crazy
The Axis would of course have a chart of their own. And players would agree how many rolls each side would get. Based on player expertise, or in a weird way, a bid of sorts....like "Ill play allies for 3 rolls on the chart" or something

not a fan of ghosted setup. I like the board plain

However im a HUGE fan of changing the victory conditons
I really wish the goal of the game for the Axis was "take and hold"
Meaning....lash out, establish your empire, and keep it intact for X turns.
Not the current system of Capitals and Victory cites (which were hardly of any value in the war considering the destruction wraught upon them regularly)
In a sense, I want Axis economic victory....but It should be
Axis Empire victory.
The goal of each of these axis powers wasnt to roll their tanks through the capitals of the great powers...but to assert their might, and lay claims over their dominons, to amass power for themselves.
I wish Germany could win by getting Russia bottled up...but not having to take Moscow. Like if there were ways to force the Allies to sue for peace, a turn limit seems wrong, victory points may be the way to go.

One last thought
Ive always wished NOs tied into victory some how. Like at the end of your turn calculate
# of capitals you control = 3 Points
# of victory cities you control = 2 Points
# of National Objecites you acchieved = 1 Point

If the Axis ever beat the allies by a factor of....I dont know 3:1 in any round of play, they win.
Or something like that......

Thantonous

Post by Thantonous » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:30 pm

I would like to see a random event chart, where each side would roll every other turn. You would use events that actually happened in World WarII and throw in events that could have happened. For example Spain joins the Axis or becomes Pro Axis due to German Aid in there Cival War in the thirtys. You can get alot of great ideas from Third Reich Avalon Hill game has a great chart of events.

Thantonous

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:38 pm

War Bonds and the like are a neccesity....we cant have techs like "Better ball bearings" and the like.
I want more, but I want simplicty and name recognition
1)War bond and Ball bearings are not the headlining technology developed in this war.

2)Simplicity and different ideas for techs are not mutually exclusive.

3)War Bonds is not name recognition.

Many other ideas can be brought up with the actual techs developed in ww2. It is not like they always involve a very difficult new set of ideas.

Also, using actual techs would be NAME RECOGNITION.

You can still have war bonds, but just don't put them in the technology category. Just make it an optional rule.

Cmdr Jennifer

Post by Cmdr Jennifer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:34 pm

+2 French Infantry in England
+1 French Fighter in England
+1 British Destroyer in SZ 91

+3 Armor +2 Infantry, in Germany (to make up for the 24 IPC in new equipment for the allies.)

Concept: Harder Sea Lion.

+1 Armor +2 Infantry in Calcutta
+1 Armor +2 Infantry (Japan) in Kiangsu

Concept: Harder Indian Sea Lion

Russian NO: No islands! (to include Ireland.)
Russian NO: Can only earn DOUBLE a territory's value from NO.
Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist.
Children already know that dragons exist!
Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed!

Noll

Post by Noll » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:10 pm

an impossible to attain NO if Italy gets 1 sub in SZ6, 'cause the last warfare action of ww2 was an Italian sub killing an american bomber with a machinegun lol (in Japan seas)