Alpha +3

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
questioneer

Re: Alpha +3

Post by questioneer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:42 pm

SBR changes are nice!!! Tough job to fine-tune this aspect of the game- I give you props. :D

Kaufschtick

Post by Kaufschtick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Kobu wrote:
Kaufschtick wrote: My question would be what about if Japan attacks the Soviet Far East or Siberia, because the rule reads Amur only that the Russians gain this bonus...
It's even more specific. It's only if Japan attacks from Manchuria or Korea.

I am...puzzled to say the least by these changes. I'm going to get a game going to test it out. My initial impression is that the Axis are going to be feeling even more pain than before.
Yeah, I'm confused...

"When do the Russians get the Mongolian Infantry"

"I can't say."

"You can tell me, I'm a doctor."

"No, I mean I'm not sure."

"Can't you guess?"

"Well, not till the next turn."

"You can't guess till the next turn?"
Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Caroline Islands: 2 Infantry, 1 AA gun, 1 Airbase, 1 Naval Base

Did you mean 2AA guns here??? This was in red and it is the same as the last setup. Also you didn't highlight in red the UK NO for taking Paris.

Kaufschtick

Post by Kaufschtick » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:52 pm

Maybe this is just an update as to where Alpha+3 is at so far, kinda like a rough-draft preview. :?:
Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox.

WILD BILL

Post by WILD BILL » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:53 pm

I just re-read the new AA gun rules, just wanted to make sure I got it right.

"Each AA gun in the territory may fire up to three times, but only once per attacking air unit. In other words, the total number of air defense dice rolled is three times the number of AA guns, or the number of attacking air units, whichever is the lesser. Once the number of air defense dice is determined, the dice are rolled. For each “1” rolled, the attacker must choose one air unit as a casualty."

Before only 1 AA gun was allowed to fire in a tt, but at every plane in the battle for one round (opening round). Now multiple AA guns can fire from one tt w/limits. Each AAgun can take up to 3 shots, and its still fired only in the beginning of the opening round of battle.

Your not firing at all the air units w/one AA gun. You just get so many shots, based on how many AA guns you have. If they bring in 4 air units, and you have just 1 AA gun, then you take 3 shots (4th plane doesn't take fire). If they bring in 7 planes, and you have 2 AA guns, you get 6 shots (1 plane doesn't take fire).

England, w/its new 4 AA guns could fire up to 12 shots, if the Luftwaffe was 12 planes strong, but if the Germans bring in 14 planes, then 2 would get a free ride.

I had to re-read this new AA gun rule several times. I like it, but I think you need to toss in a couple examples.
Last edited by WILD BILL on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 am

AA gun rules are interesting to say the least- Larry, what was your thinking on adding this rule???

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:16 am

Hmmm... 29 NO's.... nice to see less of these but still too many...oh well.

• 5 IPCs if Japan controls all of the following territories: Sumatra, Java, Borneo, and Celebes. Theme: Strategic resource centers.

Their is NO OIL IN CELEBES.NOTHING AT ALL. JUST JUNGLE.

Italy got another DD and FINALLY A BOMBER.

Russia should not have that Battleship. :wink:
Last edited by Imperious leader on Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:18 am

AA gun change with Italian bomber exchange, z96 blocking z92 move for Brits/or splitting Brit Med navy up, German 3damage convoy with subs...

Seems to keep Sealion numbers the same...gotta run the numbers and possibilities still though. At first glance I would say slightly more Brit advantage now yet it seems Italians can secure the Med more with the Strat Bmr and z96 block/detour of Brit Med navy...hmmm....interesting... :?