Alpha+.2

Link up A&A Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940, and you've got Axis & Allies Global 1940.
batmankid
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by batmankid » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:16 pm

OK Sounds good. Thx.

Noll
Posts: 331
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:41 am

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Noll » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:58 am

Krieghund wrote:There is no immediate at war bonus for the US. There are only the NOs.
Can you put this in the FAQs / Rule Clarifications please?
I have found opponents that still thinks they should get @30IPC bonus when Japan declares war.

User avatar
Krieghund
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Krieghund » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am

It's already in the rules clarifications. It will go into the FAQ at the next update.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Woodstock
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 am

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Woodstock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:54 pm

I'm sorry if this is clarified somehwre already, but I really dont feel like wading through 33 pages of posts....(Someone really should add all rule clarifications that are asked to the rules in the first post)
When the Soviet Union becomes at War with Japan
4. Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following an unprovoked declaration of war by Japan on the Soviet Union. Theme: Recognized national emergency.
Can someone please elaborate on the "unprovoked" part?
When does a DoW from Japan on Russia count as "provoked"?

Thanks a lot. I'm updating my playgroup's quick ruleset for our first Alpha +2 session.

EDIT:
And then the same would apply obviously for
When Japan becomes at War with the Soviet Union
2. Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following an unprovoked declaration of war by the Soviet Union on Japan.

Woodstock
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 am

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Woodstock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:04 pm

One last question:
(Note: Kamikaze strikes are now triggered by combat, not combat movement.)
Never thought so much about the Kamikaze before, but with this addition, does this mean that, in OOB, an Amphibious Assault launched from a SZ with a Kamikaze symbol would also allow the Japanese player to launch a kamikaze attack against the supporting enemy ships? (assigning a kamikaze would then be triggered by just the combat move, and not an attack on the SZ)

And that now, in Alpha +2, a kamikaze can only be announced on a SZ where actual combat occurs in that SZ? (Boats vs boats actually duking it out, and not just an enemy fleet moving into the SZ with the Kam. symbol?)

Thanks again.

User avatar
Krieghund
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Krieghund » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:35 pm

Woodstock wrote:Can someone please elaborate on the "unprovoked" part?
When does a DoW from Japan on Russia count as "provoked"?
This is addressed in the Official Rules Clarifications.
Woodstock wrote:Never thought so much about the Kamikaze before, but with this addition, does this mean that, in OOB, an Amphibious Assault launched from a SZ with a Kamikaze symbol would also allow the Japanese player to launch a kamikaze attack against the supporting enemy ships? (assigning a kamikaze would then be triggered by just the combat move, and not an attack on the SZ)
Only combat movements by ships trigger the attack. If any ships move into the sea zone for the amphibious assault, the kamikaze attack will be triggered. If all of the ships were already in the sea zone, no attack is triggered.
Woodstock wrote:And that now, in Alpha +2, a kamikaze can only be announced on a SZ where actual combat occurs in that SZ? (Boats vs boats actually duking it out, and not just an enemy fleet moving into the SZ with the Kam. symbol?)
No, launching an amphibious assault from the sea zone also counts.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Woodstock
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:59 am

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Woodstock » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:04 am

Thanks Krieghund.
I wasnt sure if the official errata could apply to Alpha +2 aswell.

As for the Kamikaze, thanks for clarifying....but what exactly is then the difference between "triggered by combat movement" and "triggered by combat"?

User avatar
Krieghund
Posts: 2672
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:18 am
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Alpha+.2

Post by Krieghund » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 am

Woodstock wrote:I wasnt sure if the official errata could apply to Alpha +2 aswell.
It applies to both OOB and Alpha.
Woodstock wrote:As for the Kamikaze, thanks for clarifying....but what exactly is then the difference between "triggered by combat movement" and "triggered by combat"?
In the OOB rules, a ship has to move into the sea zone in combat movement in order to trigger kamikaze. This means that ships can move into a friendly sea zone adjacent to a hostile territory in noncombat movement on one turn, then launch an amphibious assault on the next turn without triggering kamikaze because no ships moved into the sea zone in combat movement. The Alpha rules close that loophole by having the combat itself trigger the kamikaze.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests