India Crush?

Naval strategy and wise economic moves are both critical in waging this far-flung war across an entire hemisphere. To the familiar elements from Axis & Allies, Axis & Allies: Pacific adds convoys, island air and naval bases, kamikazes, destroyers, and the Chinese army.
Rising_Sun_Warrior

India Crush?

Post by Rising_Sun_Warrior » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:57 am

Please tell me more about this strategy. I usually crush my Dad and my brother easily anyway and I've never lost as Japan. It sounds like just another way I can make them sit and wonder how they lost to me. Again. Personally I prefer to slug it out with America by capturing as many of the east Indies as I can and then hoarding my Navy and pouncing on the American Fleet while they approach Japan. But I'll try this "India Crush" strategy to see how it goes. Many thanks for any info.
"In wartime the truth is so precious, she must always be attended by a bodyguard of lies" -Winston Churchill

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:20 am

find saburo sakai's essays at axis and allies .org. Hes the best at that game
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:36 am

Are you playing with the out-of-the-box rules? If so, you will want to check out the revised set-up in the FAQ:
Official FAQ

Japan has a huge advantage in the game as published, since there were a few mistakes in the initial set-up. Even with the revised (and correct) set-up, Japan still has the advantage. You can mostly offset this by playing to 24 Victory Points instead of 22. You should probably try the game this way before checking out the India Crush strategy.

Happy gaming!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Rising_Sun_Warrior

Post by Rising_Sun_Warrior » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:57 am

I'll check out the link. And I actually I do use the "Official" setup. I'm getting a sinking feeling that my opponents are......ummm...well not up to par to put it nicely. :?
"In wartime the truth is so precious, she must always be attended by a bodyguard of lies" -Winston Churchill

Magbastard

Post by Magbastard » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:20 pm

I dunno. To me, the India Crush strategy is what makes this game flawed over the others. While I LIKE the game, any Japanese player worth his salt can just move everything he can muster and have India captured in three turns. Historically the Japanese had it easy in SE Asia until they reached the frontures of India. But there should be something that a competent Allied player can do to stave off this mass invasion.

Will continue to play simulations of the game until I've figured out the Allied defense.
"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine."- Erwin Rommel

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:27 pm

comments noted ... Thank you

xxstefanx

Post by xxstefanx » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:40 am

The Japanese had it easy in SE Asia due to surprise in the very first stages combined with perfect organization/timing, fighting experience and material.

Historically there was never been an agreement by HQ, Imperial Army or Marine to throw everything they have at India or Australia so forces and material were thinned-out limiting offensive capabilities. In addition the Americans slowly took effect harming their supply and troop lines.

In this game, to be allowed to decide to go an alternate way and throw everything at India (or Australia) COMPLETELY neglecting other areas or aims makes a major part of the fun to my opinion!

And: if Japan did throw everything they had at India it would certainly have fallen, maybe even easier than in our games! ;)
(so it must at least be possible!)

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:34 pm

xxstefanx wrote:And: if Japan did throw everything they had at India it would certainly have fallen, maybe even easier than in our games! ;)
(so it must at least be possible!)
Possibly, but I hardly think that the US or even the UK would have settled for peace simply because India fell. If anything, it would have been a reason to fight harder. With all its resources ties up in India, Japan would be vulnerable.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok