New game? Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, due Dec. 15

Naval strategy and wise economic moves are both critical in waging this far-flung war across an entire hemisphere. To the familiar elements from Axis & Allies, Axis & Allies: Pacific adds convoys, island air and naval bases, kamikazes, destroyers, and the Chinese army.
Dr. Shades

New game? Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, due Dec. 15

Post by Dr. Shades » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:54 pm

The following text and image are from http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_boardG ... acific1940:
Axis & Allies celebrates 25 years of strategy war gaming with a deluxe edition of it’s original theater-level game. Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, designed and developed by Larry Harris, will utilize the updated rules established in A&A Anniversary Edition. Two new combat units will debut in this game, Tactical Bombers and Mechanized Infantry. Australia and New Zealand, joined together as the ANZAC forces, will represent a new playable ally. China will field more forces than ever before, but will need help from their allies the United States and England to withstand the might of expansionist Imperial Japan.

Axis & Allies Pacific 1940 will feature an oversized board that measures 35” wide by 32” high. With over 450 pieces, deluxe game components and local storage boxes, this game will raise the standard established by A&A Anniversary Edition. All new rules for neutral nations, naval & air bases, kamikaze attacks and convoy disruption will add even more depth and historical accuracy to this giant game.

Finally, this deluxe theater-level game is designed to join together with Axis & Allies Europe 1940 (available Q3 2010) to create the greatest Axis & Allies experience to date! When joined, these boards will measure 5 feet wide by 32” high. Both games have been designed to play alone or together to offer a 2-6 player global 1940 scenario, complete with separate set up and national objectives.
To me, this is FANTASTIC news! I'm close to completing "Global Crisis II," which incorporates A&A:E and A&A:P, but with a deluxe version of both, I'm going to put the project on hold until both of these are out.

It looks like there will be convoy boxes again, which is great because their absence in A&A:AE is the reason why I didn't purchase it.

With both of these games designed to be integrated, it looks like we'll have, within a year, an Axis & Allies system that's even MORE "deluxe" than the Anniversary Edition.

Folks, I haven't been this excited about an Axis & Allies expansion in MANY years. I've got goosebumps all over again.

Krieghund

Re: New game? Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, due Dec. 15

Post by Krieghund » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 pm

Larry's been spilling some advance information on these games for a while now over in the "Talk to Larry" forum. Come join the party, Doc!
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Dr. Shades

Re: New game? Axis & Allies Pacific 1940, due Dec. 15

Post by Dr. Shades » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks, Krieghund, for the information! I'll check it out.