USA can't attack unitl Turn 4?

This game, measuring 35”x32” is compatible with the yet to be released Axis & Allies Europe 1940 game (coming in August 2010). This game includes newly introduced units such as mechanized infantry and tactical bombers.
Constantinople

USA can't attack unitl Turn 4?

Post by Constantinople » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:36 pm

If you read the rules it appears that the USA will not be able to strike back until Turn 4 at the earliest!

It appears that the War only begins when the USA counts out it's income in it's Turn 3, which is after combat; not at the beginning of turn # 3.

USA can not do combat until the War starts so USA waits till Turn 4?

Is that right?

Imperious leader

Re: USA can't attack unitl Turn 4?

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Yes get clarification. If the Declaration of War by USA is on the phase 6, then for all intents and purposes Japan really has 4 complete turns to make havoc.

It is a huge difference!
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Unless, of course, Japan strikes first.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:46 pm

Ok then Japan has 4 turns to run around, the 3rd turn America gets her 50 but cant move against her.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Constantinople

Post by Constantinople » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:51 am

Wow, that's a big change! :!:

I believe that many players, as I did, thought it was upon the 3rd turn that USA

struck back!!

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:50 pm

Yes and probably the source of many of these reports about the allies winning every time. Thats like giving the allies a 40 IPC bid!

Blitchga

Post by Blitchga » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:04 am

It is a big difference though not as big as you are all making it out to be. It makes zero difference to the income of the US. It declares war during its income phase therefor immediately moving it up to wartime economy and collecting the higher income anyway. In fact if Japan DOES NOT attack and take the Philippines from the US they would get an additional 7 income. Also the Indians must be stopped from collecting income on japan turn three as a smart Indian player should make nearly 40 on their second turn.

So if Japan DOES not move offensively on turn 3 then India gets two turns of ~40 income AND the US gets an additional 7 income... I fail to see the good side to waiting until Japan turn four to be offensive.

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:06 pm

Blitchga wrote:It is a big difference though not as big as you are all making it out to be. It makes zero difference to the income of the US. It declares war during its income phase therefor immediately moving it up to wartime economy and collecting the higher income anyway. In fact if Japan DOES NOT attack and take the Philippines from the US they would get an additional 7 income. Also the Indians must be stopped from collecting income on japan turn three as a smart Indian player should make nearly 40 on their second turn.

So if Japan DOES not move offensively on turn 3 then India gets two turns of ~40 income AND the US gets an additional 7 income... I fail to see the good side to waiting until Japan turn four to be offensive.
40 IPCs? How do you get that amount?

Are you putting the two UK players income together? The UK India player and the UK ANZAC player incomes stay separate. The two parts of the empire have separate turns which means separate purchases.