What do you add to the game (atmosphere, not rules)?

This is the new classic game of Axis & Allies. Designed for 2-5 players, the game is set in 1942 – the historical high-water mark of Axis expansion.
Yavid

Re: What do you add to the game (atmosphere, not rules)?

Post by Yavid » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:18 pm

i put in an old ww2 documentry. i use the ipc tracker from the old pacific game and the old MB combat strip. monopoly houses for victory cities. Where did you get the markers for capitals I love it.
Behold the Power of Yavid

SithlordRPGA

Post by SithlordRPGA » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 pm

It's a lil out of game but every once in a while I put one of my mini bandi Godzillas on the Japan just for laughes.

Kaufschtick

Post by Kaufschtick » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:14 am

Tim and I add a refrigerator full of St. Pauli Girl beer to our games.

Just saying is all. :|
Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox.

Grogtune

Post by Grogtune » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:20 pm

I think the most important addition to atmosphere is music. Movie soundtracks are great, and there are a few soundtrack channels on iTunes radio for free. ANN Movie Soundtracks is my favorite.

Mredt

Post by Mredt » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:08 am

I like cups...

RyGuy

Post by RyGuy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 am

Coldwarrior1984 wrote: I have little pieces for the Capitols - a white house for washington, a square gray fort for London, a round gray tower turret for Berlin, a Golden Dome for Moscow, and a beige pagoda for Tokyo. All the other victory cities have a little red house on them.
I have wanted to add buildings to each capital on my enlarged custom board as well. A friend of mine gave me a miniature Eiffel Tower that fits perfect on my board and that inspired me to look for the same thing for each capital. I'd love to find Big Ben, the Brandenburg Gate, St. Basil's Cathedral, a White House, etc. Anyone have any tips on where I can find these things cuz my searching so far has not gone well. Ideally the base of the miniature would be about 1" x 1", but I could go a little larger than that if I have to, especially in the less crowded capitals.

For my games we like to put in movies. We just went through a ton of Bond movies. I think the first time we played my custom board we went through the last two LOTR movies, one of the Star Wars movies, and a Bond movie. It really puts into perspective how much time you've gone through lol.

SithlordRPGA

Post by SithlordRPGA » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:56 am

I ordered a small white house from HBG.
I got a pagada from Ikusa
I have a Tower for France

I use some painted cities from Fortress America.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:29 pm

full of St. Pauli Girl beer
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.