AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
questioneer

Re: AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Post by questioneer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:47 am

Imperious leader wrote:It wasn't AA.org

looking at the other site.
Actually it was. Here's the link:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind ... =14342.150

down near the bottom of the page.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Thats pretty much hearsay, second hand info.

The only confirmation was that VCL who also gave hearsay on the issue.

WOTC never made an official notice.

I asked you before to revamp the AA50 petition and i would back you up, because i felt they said whatever they wanted to stop people asking for in at the AA.com forums. It made them look bad...remember that?

Launch a new attack and I'll back you up as usual.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:45 pm

Imperious leader wrote:
I asked you before to revamp the AA50 petition and i would back you up, because i felt they said whatever they wanted to stop people asking for in at the AA.com forums. It made them look bad...remember that?

Launch a new attack and I'll back you up as usual.
Do I really have to do this??? The Petitions amazingly continue to GROW as is on Larry's site, AA.org and WOTC site (which has the MOST views of ANY thread- over 10,000+) How do you suggest I "revamp" the petition???

I should probably get johnnymar to tally up the number of copies people petitioned to buy or something- I know the tally is up there a bit now.

I've sent e-mails and talked to them by phone also about this several times. I know they got the message. They are listening.

I predict that they will repackage the thing like they did AA42. They may call it "Deluxe" instead of "Anniversary" maybe. They will make it more affordable- $60 yet they will reduce the components a bit- battlestrip, no money etc- but hey at least we will have our reprint of this solid game. I do believe we are close to receiving an answer to this petition soon. Christmas this year sounds about right to me. Let's all hope so. It pretty much out of our hands anyway.

(Sigh :? ) :?: :?: :?:

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:06 pm

This is the job you created, a professional brigand for AA50 reprint. if you leave your work alone it will fail, If you keep pestering and organizing people to your purpose it will have results like all the people you influenced who kept posting about it. Out of this others will be influenced and take the lead. If you want to be a good leader you can't let your task up.

So yes if you want to make it happen you have to take the step.

It's not my cause, but i support it.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 am

Imperious leader wrote:This is the job you created, a professional brigand for AA50 reprint. if you leave your work alone it will fail, If you keep pestering and organizing people to your purpose it will have results like all the people you influenced who kept posting about it. Out of this others will be influenced and take the lead. If you want to be a good leader you can't let your task up.

So yes if you want to make it happen you have to take the step.

It's not my cause, but i support it.
True, very true. I will keep at it. Others deserve it. :D

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:33 am

Everyone has our job to do. I make maps and house rules, you got to get a new version of AA50 printed. Yours is a harder task but for the rest of us who didn't buy 6 copies, they need this game and since its obvious that QUALITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN COST, the reprint might be a deluxe edition with even better pieces. If people don't care about paying $250 for this game, it stands to reason that if WOTC made a $250 game with uber quality pieces of every type, that we would pay for it.

If for anything lets just get it done to make the " the jokes on you with this reprint rubbish" peeps eat crow. I love playing the underdog in these battles.

TartanBono

Post by TartanBono » Wed May 05, 2010 7:35 am

Hi all, would like to add my input to the reprint petition. I'd buy this in a heart beat if it became available again...

Totally loved the game but can't afford the ebay prices...

TartanBono

Tigerman77

Post by Tigerman77 » Mon May 17, 2010 12:09 am

I'm in.....where do I petition? Imp. Leader!!! I want some of those house rules and maps!!!!