AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Marking the 50th anniversary of Avalon Hill, Wizards of the Coast published this very special version of A&A. I hope you enjoy it.
questioneer

Re: AA50 REPRINT PETITION

Post by questioneer » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:57 pm

I have this petetion on a mainly three of the big AAforums.

The reprint of AA50 is confirmed. The date is not however.
Read my first post on this page below... Here is the latest:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/ind ... c=15360.30

:D

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:20 am

The Reprint seems pretty confirmed here according to our Forum/WOTC contact person who has been really helpful. Just don't have a date yet.

Lastest update as of a couple of days ago:
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/ ... um=10&pg=6
:D

84tigers

Post by 84tigers » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:46 pm

Coolstuff has 4 games available for $239 with free shipping

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/

edfactor

Post by edfactor » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Would be nice if they would release it soon.

sacramento

Post by sacramento » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:06 pm

very goog news, i would buy one as well.

Markus from Germany

VanGal

Post by VanGal » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:40 pm

So, I should sell my extra copy?

I see the Revised copy is now hard to find and getting expensive also.

I love playing the Anniversary Edition and would hate to sell the extra in case something bad happens (like what the cat did to the Original Axis and Allies 2nd Ed. game). But if the price is going to drop 75% in 2 months the smart thing would be to sell. Which means if anyone reads this they might want to wait for the 2nd printing.

Oh, well. What are we playing at GenCon this year/

VanGal

13thGuardsRifleDiv

Post by 13thGuardsRifleDiv » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:41 am

I'll likely try to buy another copy if available at retail price, but not at the ridiculously inflated online auction site prices you see here and there. My original copy however was overcomplete (though missing, critically, an Italian cruiser) and contained more grey chips than other copies apparently do.

I must admit I did already agree to buy a collectors edition of War of the Ring which is also an awesome game. But that's a different company who makes it.

questioneer

Post by questioneer » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:35 pm

After looking at the several pics out on the P40 game, which is a very nice game by the way, it seems that corners have been cut- no money, no pieces for the IC, AA guns, no full battleboard etc. These are minor things which really have not taken anything away from the game.

However, according to our given sources, it was said that when the reprint does come out that it probably would be a "straight" reprint, not an improvement like I requested to AH personally by phone and several e-mails (updated rules with FAQs, foldable board and refreshed sculpts).

Since AH has cut little corners in AA42 and the AA40 games, I have little reason to doubt that they won't do the same with the AA50 reprint. In other words, we may not get a "straight" reprint but a "cut corners" type version- no money, smaller battle board, cheaper quality cardboard etc than the first print. That would make the first print of this game even more valuable since the quality was superb.

I hope this is not the case, but it does seem like the trend here (sorry, to be a debbie downer. :( )