what should be next?

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.

Which battle should be next?

Midway
18%
Kursk
12%
The Bulge
18%
Stalingrad
33%
France 1940
14%
Iwo Jima
5%

Total votes: 66

Lobo

Post by Lobo » Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:46 am

Why not France 1940? Out of all the options listed it offers the most variety, the most action, the most choices and a chance to really change history. The French and BEF had a real shot at stopping Hitler in 1940.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:39 am

Imperious leader wrote:The "problem" if thats the correct word with this game is people dont like to play games that were basically total german victories. Secondly people love to try to change the course of the war on behalf of the side that lost in the battle especially if its its germany/ japan. Many of us root for them to win since they usually have little or no hope for victory. France is mutually hated by 99% of the worlds population and NOBODY wants to give them any chance since they started both world wars ( and many others) and usually try to get some ally to bail them out of being invaded, fail ,then get counquered, then get liberated by yet another ally, then become totally ungratefull for getting their arse saved yet again...Nobody wants to fight for an unmittigated abomination.

elbowmaster

?

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:44 am

? what that all about???

-cheers

-elbowmaster

2funky4u

Post by 2funky4u » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:13 am

i voted for an stalingrad secenario

Cause as european this was a decisive battle at the eastern front. i can already imagine the german 6th army trying to conquer Stalingrad. They are fighting each turn against the russians but the supplies are getting short and winter is getting closer and closer...

Oh yes this would make an intensive battle scenario...

Blair

Post by Blair » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:15 pm

I voted Stalingrad too, because the Volga river assault looks so cool in Call of Duty :D

But the Iwo Jima idea I posted in the Talk to Larry section is worth the read if I do say so myself :)

Wargaming_Nut

Post by Wargaming_Nut » Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:23 pm

I vote for Bulge; it'd be fun to roll those German Panzers over the Allied forces :twisted: ;).
"Women don't want to hear what you think. Women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice."
-----Bill Cosby-----

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:15 am

I like Bulge too. A pacific Island invasion would be great as well. I'm just waiting on a "go ahead" from Wizards.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:46 am

I agree with Thoe 426

France 1940 is without doubt the ultimate scenario.

First, if Germany had lost "Battle of France", there would be no ww2, just another French-Prusso war. That would affected all our lives, no Holocaust, nobody would hate germans, no atomic bomb would be inventet, no Israel nation would be proclaimed (no middle East- conflict),
and no A&A-game would be made. We would all be playing "Conquest of the Empire".

I would like to see this effect coming out of a different result from Midway, Kursk, Iwo Jima or Stalingrad.

Besides, we want them damn French units. You Americans put a man on the moon (with some help from vonBraun), but you cant make a simple mold, in 2004, because it cost the price of Ben's house.
Please, Glen , if you read this, do something.