what should be next?

Axis & Allies D-Day begins as Operation Overlord, the invasion of German-held Normandy, is underway -- 130,000 soldiers of the United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States are poised to assault Fortress Europe. You and your fellow world powers control their fates.

Which battle should be next?

Midway
18%
Kursk
12%
The Bulge
18%
Stalingrad
33%
France 1940
14%
Iwo Jima
5%

Total votes: 66

Blair

Post by Blair » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:09 am

If there was no ww2, then the atomic bomb would've just been made and "tested" on Korea or Viet. :P
But also, there might have been some form of a Cold War anyways, since USSR was wanting more land anyways. And during this time, there would've been an "arms race" like there was during the Cold War.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:59 am

Anonymous wrote:
Imperious leader wrote:The "problem" if thats the correct word with this game is people dont like to play games that were basically total german victories. Secondly people love to try to change the course of the war on behalf of the side that lost in the battle especially if its its germany/ japan. Many of us root for them to win since they usually have little or no hope for victory. France is mutually hated by 99% of the worlds population and NOBODY wants to give them any chance since they started both world wars ( and many others) and usually try to get some ally to bail them out of being invaded, fail ,then get counquered, then get liberated by yet another ally, then become totally ungratefull for getting their arse saved yet again...Nobody wants to fight for an unmittigated abomination.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I guess you dont have many french friends.

I also guess your game wont sell in France, for sure.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:07 am

Larry wrote:France 1940??? I think not.
I’m pretty sure the next Axis & Allies Battle Game should be The Battle of the Bulge.
I’d like to see this come out early ’06. I guess I better get to work.
:shock: Nobody seems to love the Frenchies.

SUGGESTION from a rational Wiking, from up north.

MAKE A 24x42 MAP WITH SOUTH UK, NORTHERN FRANCE AND WESTERN GERMANY.

No we can play D-day, battle of bulge and battle of France in the same map with the same plastic pieces. Oh NO, I forgot, that may be less profitt to the fat corporate boys, they would be selling 1 game instead of 3. Sorry I even considered this.

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:44 pm

adlertag wrote:
Larry wrote:France 1940??? I think not.
I’m pretty sure the next Axis & Allies Battle Game should be The Battle of the Bulge.
I’d like to see this come out early ’06. I guess I better get to work.
:shock: Nobody seems to love the Frenchies.

SUGGESTION from a rational Wiking, from up north.

MAKE A 24x42 MAP WITH SOUTH UK, NORTHERN FRANCE AND WESTERN GERMANY.

No we can play D-day, battle of bulge and battle of France in the same map with the same plastic pieces. Oh NO, I forgot, that may be less profitt to the fat corporate boys, they would be selling 1 game instead of 3. Sorry I even considered this.
hmm...i was thinking along the same lines. It would be nice if they did a d-day scale axis and allies game with multiple maps/battle scenarios, maybe have one focused on the pacific campaign, a guadalcanal,midway and iwo jima bundle pack? That would awesome. You'd only need one set of each sides units to be included, just have different maps(double sided boards?) and set up cards. Then you could add different packs for each theatre.

Striker

Post by Striker » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:45 pm

^oops... I forgot to log in so couldnt edit. :roll: ^

Other possible theater packs could be african(el al, tobruk etc.) east front(stalingrad, kursk etc.) and combination south/Italian front and western front (sicily, monte cassino and then battle of the bulge, market garden.)

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:32 pm

Larry I know the next game will be awesome... Revised was a big success and D-Day is really awesome... the game is so well built.. I just love the challenge for the Allies to get it done... I'm always about to win on the last turn and the dice could go either way... im excited the whole game... and I like the fast pace turns it keeps all players in the game. I hope that new games to come will have the same excitement.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:03 am

Thanks TMTM - I’m working at it. This time however I’m not limiting the idea input. I’m using the web and letting the fans contribute to the game they love. I feel good about this and I know the game will be better for it. Spread the word to others you know who would like to participate in this experiment..

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:30 am

I got my 2 friend's belochai and NDfan1 to join... they seem to be shy about posting anything yet... they introduced me to A&A... at first I'd never beat them... then I secretly got on the internet and practiced Don's Rae's IPM hehe showed up one day and stomped them LOL.. they where dumbfounded :)