manpower and industri points...

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
polar

manpower and industri points...

Post by polar » Mon May 28, 2007 6:30 am

How about giving each province generates MP points and industri point and each peace unit cost a comination of both?

To examplify, lets say
Germany starts with 20 manpower, 40 industri points
Russia starts with 40 manpower and 20 industri points.
Only industri may be bombed!

Infanteri: cost 3 manpower 0 industri
Artelleri : cost 2 manpower 2 industri
Tank : cost 1 manpower 3 industri
Fighter : cost 2 manpower 8 industri (??)
etc.

This will make playing each nation more uniq. Russia and germany has the same totall income, but geramny has more industri and thus build less but more powerfull units.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon May 28, 2007 9:40 am

Nice try, Polar, but we are not going there.

I just want some goodlooking plastic pieces for Italy and China, and a National Income chart that is easy to track, and convoy zones I can attack with my subs, and neutral Sweden in play so I can finally plunder that noob. But never did I want to complicate the purchasing system. Get a grip.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon May 28, 2007 4:40 pm

I agree. Keep the money simple.

As for convoy zones, my map has wider oceans, so the Atlantic crossing will take a minimum of two turns. This gives the U-boats and bombers a chance, but would you still want convoy zones on top of that?
In AAE they represented shipping not on the map, but in a World version what do they stand for? Merchant shipping? Raw materials from the empire?

Builder_Chris

Re: manpower and industri points...

Post by Builder_Chris » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:06 pm

yea, i agree...keep the purchasing simple. making anything more than IPC is not much of an "improvement" (IMO), just more complicated. not that this suggestion is complicated...its pretty simple too, but it looks like the only thing it would do is slow down the game.
Construimus, Batuimus -- "We Build, We Fight.".....we party all night!