I WANT TO ATTACK TURKEY, SPAIN AND SWEDEN

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.

Do you want to attack Turky, Spain & Sweden ?

YES, I AM A REAL AMERICAN
77%
no, I am a whimp
23%

Total votes: 13

Historybuff13

Post by Historybuff13 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:47 am

Aldertag as a norweigan you would love to attack sweden, you probably want to attack Denmark as well for occupying Norway. Trust I know I have Norweigian ancestry.
My Great-Grandfather's brother was in the resistence in WWII

as far as IPC values for neutrals, maybe we should consult this map for them.

Why should we pay money to attack somebody, the risk should be in the cost of failure, if the invaison doesn't work the neutral will join the other side.

I think the Swiss and the Irish should be off limits for invaison.
What is this man doing here?! - SS Gestapo Major Wolfgang Hochstetter

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue May 15, 2007 1:26 pm

A simple formula for calculating the defence forces of neutrals:

0 IPC = 1 inf
1 IPC + 1 inf
2 IPC + 1 ftr
3 IPC + 1 art
4 IPC + 1 arm

In addition every neutral with 2 or more IPCs and a coastline gets a destroyer.

FleetAdmiral

Post by FleetAdmiral » Mon May 21, 2007 11:30 am

Okay, let me see if I understand you correctly.

So a neutral country with 4 IPC income gets 2 infantry, 1 fighter, 1 artillery, 1 tank. Or it just gets 1 infantry and 1 tank?
Ever had the IJN have 4 BBs, 4 fully loaded CVs, 2 DDs, 5 TRNs, and 1 Sub -VS- 3 US BBs, 3 fully loaded CVs, 3 TRNs, 11 DDs and 1 Sub?

Commands: Galactic Empire Data Bank

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon May 21, 2007 2:49 pm

Right first time. The units are culmulative.

Realised since that some neutrals will have several territories. For colonies (e.g. Angola) just apply the format separately, but for Spain (which I have as two territories each worth 2 IPCs) add the totals together, and split the units between them?

I favour the rule that whenever a neutral is first attacked the other alliance must nominate one of their side to control that neutral. But should it be fully integrated into that player's economy and forces, or kept as a separate player?
After all we treat Romania or Finland as fully integrated members of the German/Italian power.
I think full integration is simplest. Of course some neutrals may be infantry recruitment centres (see that topic).
Or to simplify, the controlling power may buy one infantry per turn in any neutral territory it has gained control of which has an IPC value of 1 or more.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Wed May 23, 2007 10:39 pm

ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK...!!!

Give them some defenders and a matrix chart of different resulted combinations...spice it up a bit, though this may be more intailed for the "Advanced Edition" ...

ES
-The evil Bert & friend