The Italians

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
Historybuff13

Post by Historybuff13 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:33 am

Sorry i caused you any concern Larry, I kind of got off on a tangent, and will respect your decisions as final! if we are playing a war game on a global scale, we must not forget France's colonial empire.

In 1942 France was still in control of:

1. North Africa: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia

2. French West Africa

3. French Equitorial Africa

4. Vichy France

5. Madgascar

1940 Allows France to be active in the game on the Allied side.

Or we can allow Free French in the game.

Neutrals as separate entities (they don't have to be necessarily players) allow for diplomacy in the game. Turkey did declare war on Germany later in the war.

Once again, soory if I concerned you! :oops:
What is this man doing here?! - SS Gestapo Major Wolfgang Hochstetter

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:54 pm

np Comments noted

mikeyb

Post by mikeyb » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:47 am

Hey all,

I have lived in Italy for many years. The Italians see their role in WWII as a mistake they let Mussolini drag them into. Are they right? Not for me to say.

As to making them a separate power...hmmm. I would say not. Mussolini was so dominated by Hitler that I would think Germany controlling Italy in the game pretty accurately describes what happened in reality.

Final note: Fascist symbols and so forth are still illegal in Italy, I don't know if this should be considered in the discussion of icons and things like that. The game is quite popular in Italy.

newpaintbrush

Post by newpaintbrush » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:02 am

mikeyb wrote: Final note: Fascist symbols and so forth are still illegal in Italy, I don't know if this should be considered in the discussion of icons and things like that. The game is quite popular in Italy.
Yeah, that's actually why I figured the swastika &c was not in the game. It's banned in a lotta European countries.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:55 pm

Mikeyb:
The game is quite popular in Italy.
How do people in Italy read the rules? Did somebody retype them in Italian?

Im sorry you feel that Italy was a basket case in WW2... Now is the time to correct that in a game that will offer another chance for italy.

As Axis Roll often says " I dont want a scripted game the replays History"

So delux can give a new lease of hope and restore italian pride at the same time.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Micoom

Post by Micoom » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:44 pm

Imperious leader wrote: How do people in Italy read the rules? Did somebody retype them in Italian
IL, You can download the OOB rules from the wizards site in Italian, but also French, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Dutch. :wink:

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:52 pm

Comments noted

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:17 pm

What about Chinese and Japanese?
Russian?
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.