6 PLAYER GAME

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.

WHO YOU WANT AS 6'TH PLAYER ?

ITALY
41%
CHINA
4%
WESTERN USA
15%
KEEP IT A 5 PLAYER GAME
41%

Total votes: 27

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:37 pm

Respond to Flashman :

Western USA control China
Eastern USA control Free French

If China and Free French use US pieces, or get a national specific inf piece, is no matter

Mimmo

the 6th player

Post by Mimmo » Thu May 24, 2007 9:51 am

Dear Members,

I just read all the posts in this interesting topic.
As I’m Italian I would like to see - as 6th player - Italy as belligerent power.
In fact in my home made version I already included Italy as playable power and I will post very soon my map in the proper section of this forum.
My reasons are both historical and technics as follows:
- Italy was a belligerent power that starts an “aggressive” war. Unlike the France that don’t want this war and they were forced to declare war against the Third Reich due the invasion of Poland, Mussolini want this war at all costs hoping for some territorial claiming in the case the Germans get the victory in a very short time;
- we had a decent fleet (I think the 5th in the World and the 1st regarding the submarines) including 7 battleship and 7 heavy cruiser, 12 light cruiser, etc…
- Italy can manage the Mediterranean and North Africa Front, etc…
- but - of course - Italy can give a small contribute to the Axis's cause due we were a 2nd class Power.

Please let me know what you opinions are.

Thank and best regards.
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Thu May 24, 2007 3:18 pm

I'm all for it. But Italy needs to be given control of the minor European Axis - Finland, Romania and Vichy France.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Thu May 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Flashman wrote:I'm all for it. But Italy needs to be given control of the minor European Axis - Finland, Romania and Vichy France.
Agree

Mimmo

Italian Empire

Post by Mimmo » Fri May 25, 2007 12:26 am

This is an interesting description regarding the Italian Empire at its maximum expansion:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Empire

Regards,
Mimmo
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Member of http://axisandallies.forumup.it, the FIRST Italian Forum on the web

Rising_Sun_Warrior

Post by Rising_Sun_Warrior » Fri May 25, 2007 10:39 am

It was a hard choice between keeping it a 5 player game and adding Italy, but in the end the prospect of revitalized Italian involvement won me over. It is too bad that the game begins in 1942 otherwise Italy would still be in control of Italian Somaliland and Ethiopia which would make the African campaign more interesting.

Regarding giving Italy control of Finland and Vichy France...umm what? Why is this even being considered? For game balance? Italy couldn't even breakthrough France's backdoor while they were busy with Hitler. Why would they be given Vichy France? And Finland? I'm pretty sure Finland joined the Axis because they already fought the Soviets in 1940. And if not that then it was German pressure not Italian. In fact, all of the European Axis only joined the Axis because Germany pressured them! And one of them, Bulgaria, switched over to the Allies when the Soviets came knocking. Don't get me wrong, I think that Italy will make a great 6th player, but we don't have to try and give Italy extra stuff just to balance the game out. Italy will be fine with the Mediterranean and Africa.
"In wartime the truth is so precious, she must always be attended by a bodyguard of lies" -Winston Churchill

allweneedislove

Post by allweneedislove » Fri May 25, 2007 11:38 am

if you want to see a very good variant with italy, one has already been created. it is called pact of steel in triplea.

go to http://triplea.sourceforge.net/mywiki

download the latest version of triplea gaming engine. then open up pact of steel to see how a team of gamers has made italy its own power.

the variant has been playtested and changed over time. there has even been a 30 player tournament using the pact of steel variant. it is now a very even game with only slight map modifications.

by the way i prefer revised over the italy variant and do not want to see italy as its own power in deluxe

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Fri May 25, 2007 4:07 pm

If Germany can contol Italy then why can't Finland, Vichy and Romania be included in an "Axis Minors" player under Italian leadership? This can be referred to as "Italy" as this country was the only significant industrial power amongst them. Units raised in Finland and Romania represent units of those countries, just like Chinese units controlled by USA represent Chinese. Use a little imagination.