6 PLAYER GAME

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.

WHO YOU WANT AS 6'TH PLAYER ?

ITALY
41%
CHINA
4%
WESTERN USA
15%
KEEP IT A 5 PLAYER GAME
41%

Total votes: 27

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:37 am

Imperious leader wrote:Italy would not detract from germany. obviously for play balance the IPC ratio is an issue... however not allowing the allies in the Soviet UNion and instead installing a lend lease program will ofset this issue.
You may be right. It depends on how it's handled.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:10 pm

Of course a 6th country should be Italy. However, the idea of splitting the US into two different players is really “out of the box” thinking.

You make a good case Imperious Leader.

Adlertag
Like ethnicaly cleanse 30 million nativ americans ?
That was one of the ways all those early Norwegians (Europeans) decided to go about it.
Atomic bombard two civillian cities in Japan ?
And saved 5 million lives in the process
Or buy 12 million black slaves from Africa ?
Norwegian (European) slavers…
Or start wars in Korea,
- Communist aggression. Someone had to hold the line.
Vietnam,-
Communist aggression. Someone had to hold the line.
Grenada,
- Communist aggression. Someone had to hold the line.
Iraq , Afghanistan
– The jury who writes history is still out.

Hellfire

Post by Hellfire » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:04 pm

Another note about the atomic bombs, that whould have to be attributed to Japanese aggression, not white American aggression. It should be noted that most of the rest of the world was already at war before the US ever got involved. And Korea and Vietnam were already at war before the US put troops on the ground.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
- Albert Einstein

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:45 pm

I like the divided US into 2 players.. West coast ipc's and East coast ipc's... and some cool rules along with it... example of rules for it.. if you move the US units from the pacific to the atlantic or something.. then the other player then gains control over those units.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:54 pm

TMTM wrote:I like the divided US into 2 players.. West coast ipc's and East coast ipc's... and some cool rules along with it... example of rules for it.. if you move the US units from the pacific to the atlantic or something.. then the other player then gains control over those units.
I agree as well, neat idea...but what the heck, lets add italy china and neutrals as well.

the person who controls the WUSA could also be in charge of the chinese movement.

My vote is for "other" but it was not an option in the poll...

EM

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:57 pm

Other or All of the above option would have been nice.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:05 pm

Comments noted

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:53 pm

China needs some revision. I've suggested the ability of powers to place a number of purchased infantry in non-IC zones, and for USA this would include both Nationalist Chinese zones.
With a stack of infantry here, and the Japnese-Soviet non-aggression pact in force, Japan is more likely to drive for India or the Pacific than the usual tank & Pokemon bead drive to Moscow.
French forces are pretty much irrelevent by 1942, but there were vichy outposts in Dakar and Madagascar. However I've suggested that UK & USA can place new (Free French) infantry in WE if they control it. Or perhaps a liberated France can be treated as a separate economy.