Price:

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
elbowsanchez

NO WAY!!

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:42 pm

pdubarry wrote:PLEASE do not give in to endless "expansion" packs. We aren't playing Heroscape after all! Give me what I need in one box for one price (<$80).

What I DON'T need:
1. Different/better unit sculpts (the current ones are excellent).
I am guessing your from the AH / WotC marketing department, because this is what I would expect from them...

with what people are spending axis and allies miniatures, most in the 500 - 2000 dollar range, your summation is off the mark...

No offense intended, but all "classic" games have a deluxe edition. except for this one. With all this Axis and Allies experiements of the franchise name.

the current units are "OK" / but excellent??? I wouldnt go that far...

time to juice this game up, get with it Larry and make it happen!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:11 pm

get with it Larry and make it happen!!
ok - I'll see if I can get a new game out every now and then...

pdubarry

Re: NO WAY!!

Post by pdubarry » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:38 pm

elbowsanchez wrote: I am guessing your from the AH / WotC marketing department, because this is what I would expect from them...

with what people are spending axis and allies miniatures, most in the 500 - 2000 dollar range, your summation is off the mark...
This is exactly my point. I hate how games are all made in corporate boardrooms instead of on Larry's kitchen table! It would be such a tragedy for AH / WotC to pollute the A&A flagship with their unfortunate crank-out-junk-to-get-all-their-freakin-money philosophy.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:55 am

:lol: :lol: 8)

elbowsanchez

Re: NO WAY!!

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:25 pm

pdubarry wrote:
This is exactly my point. I hate how games are all made in corporate boardrooms instead of on Larry's kitchen table! It would be such a tragedy for AH / WotC to pollute the A&A flagship with their unfortunate crank-out-junk-to-get-all-their-freakin-money philosophy.
I agree about the diluting with so-so. SO just make a deluxe game at a lesser cost (sounds like under $80 and at least a larger board meets a fair consensus), as well as making the booster nation specific units for us piece junkies :arrow: :arrow: Two, two items I say.

Have different sets as suggested by many. Sounds like a gold mine, and I can not figure out why it hasnt happened with all these miniture games, they missed the mark by not making them in scale with the classic game, they say it bridged a gap to both, but I dont see it that way. Making them in scale to each other would have bonded the series. I could buy my starter/boosters to game the new "minis" version, or for use with my ORIGINAL Axis & Allies game. The smaller scale would have worked much better on the dinky folded maps they give you with AAM WaS.

I am happy to hear Larry will have more say in the project management now. Not a moment to late

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:14 am

Yea Larry has to be hands on in this game and the next two.

Quality is important. Please dont use artists from Avalon Hill. They are all rookies just entering the graphics art field.

If some novice like me can make a pretty close version of the BOTB map in one day then that proves it.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:09 pm

Comments noted

dinosaur

How about the pieces alone

Post by dinosaur » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm

Let's try and change the discussion of the price and see what we learn. Instead of the whole game, how much would you pay for the current set of pieces if they were hand painted in three to four colors each?

I ask this question to illustrate the potential expense of such an elaborate version of AAR.

I am currently hand painting the pieces for my son's set. It is a fair bit of work, but I like the results and I hope he will appreciate it. He certainly hovers around whenever I get out the brush.

Just to paint the figures, I have purchased about 15 colors including:

Navy Grey, European Grey, Skin Tone, Sand, Wood, Leather, Armor Green, Armor Sand, Blue Angel Blue, RAF Blue, Red, Aluminum, Black, Imperial Japanese Army Green, Imperial Japanese Navy Green.

I expect to buy two or three more before I am complete since I haven't even picked a color for the Russians. I am leaning toward a pale brown as the basic uniform color.

But back to the original question, how much would you pay for just a set of painted pieces?