Game board:

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:01 pm

Excellent idea putting two boards in one box!!! Having three games in one box is great. We tried playing Europe and Pacifc together, but there's nothing to connection and they ended up as two seperate games. [/quote]
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them."
- Albert Einstein

Paul Sublett

Post by Paul Sublett » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:28 pm

Why not include a marginally larger board in the deluxe game and then offer an accessory package as a separate purchase that includes a huge map board and offer larger playing pieces as another accessory package.

It would cost more to have the huge board, but so far, I haven't heard cost as an objection.

A really agressive approach might be to have a fold out board the size of a table top, and include the movement sticks shown in the real war-room pictures.

Rocky 99

Post by Rocky 99 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:53 pm

The main thing I would like to see is more territories. It seems like the more territories there are, the more complex the strategy becomes. In order to place more territories, obviously, the map would have to be bigger. I'm no expert, so I don't really have exact dimensions to suggest, but I would just like to see it as big as is feasible.

As far as the colors, I think it would be cool to stick with the original colors, but use new tones. Maybe darker green, brighter yellow, etc.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:47 am

Comments noted... thanks and welcome

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:13 am

One thing that I want to bring up is the contrast between the playing pieces and the game board. The board colors need to be such that the pieces don't get "lost" on it. This is definitely a problem in Revised. It's OK (preferable, in fact) if the pieces and home territories of the countries are roughly the same color, but they need to be different enough for the pieces to stand out.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Yes make the German pieces the same coloer as milton Bradley

Make the Soviets the same color as Milton Bradley

Make the British the same color as Bulge and Milton Bradley

Make the Japanese the same coloer as MIlton Bradley

Keep USA as it is

Make Italy a green similiar to british in revised

Make a few americans red to become chinese troops

Make a set of white pieces for neutrals.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Historybuff13

Post by Historybuff13 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:01 pm

Imperious leader wrote:Yes make the German pieces the same coloer as milton Bradley

Make the Soviets the same color as Milton Bradley

Make the British the same color as Bulge and Milton Bradley

Make the Japanese the same coloer as MIlton Bradley

Keep USA as it is

Make Italy a green similiar to british in revised

Make a few americans red to become chinese troops

Make a set of white pieces for neutrals.
feldgrau for the germans is better than the black, unless you want SS units.

love the color for US as it is now

British should be light tan like D-day

I'm OK with Japan being orange

Chinese should get their own mold, I'm tired of having to tell the differnce between Russian infantry and Chinese infantry.

Italy should be the old green color for the US in the orginal game!

I love the idea of white neutral armies, maybe we can give these territories IPC values!

I know this is way off, but maybe we should color a couple British pieces blue for Free French troops! Otherwise make the French another player, and set the game in 1940!

As far as the map is concerned, two boards, one Europe and one Pacific.
No crazy "what if's" like a German invaison of South America, or South Africa. Keep the war in the theaters it was fought!
What is this man doing here?! - SS Gestapo Major Wolfgang Hochstetter

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:50 pm

I want Sweden, Spain and Turkey to become pro-neutrals as in the Nova-game, and free to invade for both allied or axis players. I am just reading a book about them, and they were far from being neutrauls. Also if Turkey controls the straits betwen Med and Black Sea, this will make new strategies. Turkey will be a dead-zone that is important to controll, just like in real world.