The Rules:

We've talked about Advanced A&A... Now I'd like to hear your comments on what YOU envision a DELUXE A&A GAME to be. What would it look like.
mike b

Post by mike b » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:21 pm

I think having the BoB combat rules is a must

polar

Post by polar » Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:21 am

Tested Battle of Bulge some days ago and its a very good game.

However many of it rules may feel strange in a larger map.
And the cassulty-system may or may not work in A&A cuz of the differences in 1) the amount of troops availble, 2) how and where you get them.

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:58 am

Thanks - Comments noted

FleetAdmiral

Post by FleetAdmiral » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:11 pm

Another suggestion - incorporate one Battle of the Bulge (which I just purchased today) element - Supplies!

Certain territories produce a certain number of supply tokens per turn (IE: Dutch East Indies, Western and Eastern United States, etc).

Supply tokens are needed to move and/or attack.
=1 supply token for every 20 IPCs worth of units.

At end of each turn, along with collecting IPCs, supply tokens are paid out.

The US, historically (at that time) was an exporter of oil and other supplies. If the US decides to give its allies Britain and/or USSR supply tokens, and the Germans have subs. The German player rolls 2 D6 dice. On the first dice, if the German player gets a 2 or less (If Germany has super-subs then 3 or less) - the German U-Boat finds the "supply convoy". The second dice determines how many supply tokens are destroyed.

Thus this allows an interesting element, the Allies or Axis may choose to strategically bomb supply areas (some areas such as Dutch East Indies for example) in order to buy themselves time for their attacks or to limit their ability to counter attack.

On top of that it becomes critical (depending on the strategy) to capture/hold certain territories due to the supplies they produce.

Proposal of territories which produce supplies.
England, Norway, Western Europe, Germany, Southern Europe, Ukraine (breadbasket of Europe), Russia, Caucasus, Trans-Jordan, Persia, India, Japan, Manchuria, Dutch East Indies, Western United States, Eastern United States, and Hawaii (I am aware all its oil was shipped in, but at least it gives the Japanese player more options against the US player).

http://www.regjeringen.no/nb/dokumentar ... ?id=424852
This site describes Norway's importance in WWII.
Ever had the IJN have 4 BBs, 4 fully loaded CVs, 2 DDs, 5 TRNs, and 1 Sub -VS- 3 US BBs, 3 fully loaded CVs, 3 TRNs, 11 DDs and 1 Sub?

Commands: Galactic Empire Data Bank

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:03 pm

Great article...
Comments noted

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Larry wrote:Great article...
Comments noted
yeah right, but not all norwegians agree in the official history writing.

http://arno.daastol.com/history/

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:31 am

Here some of the idea's I read and like..

Making US into 2 players.. forcing US resources to both be used in the Pacific and Atlantic.

Not being able to land allied units in Russia.. making the D-day landing more of what it should be.

limiting infantry buys.. maybe a token system can be used... so you can buy as many infantry as you want as long as you got credits to cover it... when your credits run out then you are limited to a set number you can buy from there on... or a reinforcement chart for land units and one for naval units could be devised and you are forced to buy whats next in line.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:19 pm

I dont like 2 player USA but i like being forced to allocate money for each campaign. It would open up more strategy than having USA be mostly a supporting role to her other allies.

good idea.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.