Match Up!

If you can't figure where a given topic fits - place it here.
Vader218

Post by Vader218 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:02 pm

I'd imagine that expressing interest in a game with Hitler would provoke the same kind of reaction from where you come from. And even though it happened over 60 years ago, things are not quite forgotten. Germany and Japan were not the only countries committing war crimes (as popular history likes us to believe). But as you point out rightfully; it's all a matter of perspective.

Frimmel

Post by Frimmel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:39 pm

Actually I think Hitler would be an intresting choice but I fear I'd not be coming from the same place and it wouldn't be as much fun. I don't think Hitler is the sort of guy I could be buddies with even if I had no idea who he was.

Also to me one of the Generals or other professional military men seems likely to me to maybe not be as intrested in the broader scope of things as someone like Churchill or Ike. Churchill seems like a guy I would get along with and have fun sitting down with for an evening.

Historybuff13

Post by Historybuff13 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:27 am

Here's some thoughts:

Play aganist Hitler to prove he was militarly incompentent

Play A&A Europe with Stalin to see if Barbarossa could work

Play aganist Montgomery to see if how many mistakes he would make

Patton to see how agressive he would be

Rommel to see how Germany would have won, if lead by cooleer heads.
What is this man doing here?! - SS Gestapo Major Wolfgang Hochstetter

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:17 pm

Seriously, I think The Allied War Crimes Trials would be a great subject for a TV drama/documentary.

Churchill/Harris (no, not him!) on trial for mass bombing of Dresden. Churchill also for genocide against the Germans after the war in collaboration with Stalin (British soldiers loaded thousands of collaborators onto cattle wagons for certain death in Soviet concentration camps).

The Soviets would face much the same charges as the Nazis. They invaded many countries without just cause, killed more people than the Nazis in death camps, and destroyed whole nationalities they suspected of dealing with the Germans (in fact most nationalities in Russia did collaborate with the Nazis as they supposed they were bound to be better than the Bolsheviks; they were in fact just as bad).

And what about Harry Trueman for using the atomic bombs?

For parity with the Nuremburg trials, they would NOT be allowed to mention Axis war crimes in their own defence.