Making the Map void of ownership color

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Guerrilla Guy

Making the Map void of ownership color

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:55 pm

This I dea came to me because so many players (including myself) would rather have the ability for terrain to come into affect (although I would make it more of a KISS system) and different scenarios then pre determined setup... Although we might have that in the starting game (1941) it would allow for other scenarios where multiple powers occupy the same space... Besides AaA would look sweeter with sandy deserts... they aren't grey! :roll:

comments, thoughts, ideas?

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:16 pm

we are all pushing for a 1939 map with terrain features, but larry has not decided. the flexibility of having this map would be immeasurable, so that many different scenarios could be possible, including some interesting "free for all " style games.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:05 pm

granted it forces everyone to read when your setting up but.... 8) I like the idea of seeing colored terrain on it finally! We could also make colored borders if Larry still wants some definition...

GG

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Dunckelzahn

Post by Dunckelzahn » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:29 pm

I like the colors, they seem to have a pshycologial effect on players. Nobody wants to loose a teritory of their color...

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:20 pm

maybe but it really doesn't matter for game play... and I would rather see pieces on the board of my color... 8) The phsycological effect only for the couple seconds of colorful language :wink: ... Then the player calms down and tries to justify possible ways of wrecking the board which my idea will reduce the possibility of that happening :lol: ...

GG