turns , terrain, and weather

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:16 pm

adlertag, this is one of my favorite maps...

as for all of these submissions....to me, works of art, thank you for letting me be of assistance for you to share your ideas...

8)

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:31 pm

yes i like this style of map as well, except for the sea zones look haphazard a bit. The feel of the map is very good and its drawn much better than Revised. It just needs some computer assisted "fonts" and logos and such but it looks like a good start. The terrain features make it stand out, along with the railroad tracks. I guess i can go with the "chutes and ladders " thing after all.. yep im converted as they say.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:35 pm

yes it also includes a weather zone, talk about a labor of love... 8)

elbowsanchez

adlertags mountain examples

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu May 12, 2005 8:00 pm

-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Thu May 12, 2005 8:01 pm

nicely done adlertag...
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu May 12, 2005 9:43 pm

yes its got some work into it. gj
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Fri May 13, 2005 10:52 am

Thank you, L-Bow, for posting this.
Thank you, IL, for your nice comments.
Thank you, Larry, for being converted and adding mountains to your next map.

With this pics I will try to make a case to show how mountains can work in an advanced game. Sorry if the map looks amatourish, but I had to work in a hurry since Larry annonced he had begun work on his map.

As we all can see, the mountain passes work likes bottlenecks that only allow one land unit to pass at each time. Aircraft units are of course not affected. Also the defender enjoy some benefits, like +1 to dice roll.

Eks:
US forces want to attack Germany from Italy, and must combat-move through Brenner-Pass. Only one land unit can combat-move through the pass in first round. Then another land unit in secound round, and one more in third round.

Must abort, wife is calling, will continue this later.

GROGnads

In case you are wondering

Post by GROGnads » Fri May 13, 2005 6:00 pm

You DO 'know' that you can BUY them 'relief' maps? They can make them up however you want, it'll just COST you an 'arm & a leg' or a TANK or '2' of 'Gas'!(Petrol, etc.) I checked into this years ago and found them to be extremely expensive for whatever little benefit you could gain from having this. Since they are '3-D', then pieces tend to NOT sit properly upon them in the Moutainous regions, and the 'ones' presented here are more appropriate for a MINIS type of gaming, but they do look very nicely done. I was even going to suggest that with EGG cartons, you can 'create' Ranges of Mountains and foothills with lots of 'papier mache' techniques.
"You had to 'GO'!?! Now we ALL have to 'GO'!" BIG Joe-"Kelly's Heroes"-the MOVIE