Anti-Aircraft Artillery

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
SkyPilot

Post by SkyPilot » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:26 pm

Krieghund wrote:I mostly agree with Thoes426
I also agree with Thoes426 excellent ideas and if possible, have the AA gun molds the same colour as your units. They are part of your force and should be destroyed, not captured.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:01 pm

Comment noted
//////

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:20 pm

Let me just say I hope that some of these new idea's for the AA gun will go into the game... will totally shake things up!

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:51 pm

I was hearing that the AA gun is gonna be done away with. Incorporation into all factory units with a fixed anti- air defense was proposed. I am not sure who started the idea, but i remember proposing that the anti- aircraft gun be used as some heavy artillery piece so that a new mold would not have to be used.

Some ideas:
Heavy Artillery has two forms of attack 1) as a beefed up artillery unit or 2) to be able to send a "free salvo" into an adjacent territory and any hit generated would be taken from those defending units w/o retailation.
As an alternate form of attack possibly they can be used to destroy a nations economy with a token ENR attack on Industrial complexes.
This would have to be well documented.

general heavy artillery unit values:

see what was posted by "Imperious Leaders d12 unit value chart"

if used as a nation specific unit then the following are possible:

USSR: as Katusika rockets (spelling i know)
Germany: self propelled artillery/ assault gun/ rail gun/V2 rocket
UK : anti-tank gun
Japan: heavy artilley
Italy: heavy artilley
USA: anti tank gun/heavy artillery
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:55 pm

I remeber Larry asking what we could use the AA gun mold for... I think you could put the AA gun in this game.... and to make it a more favorible unit but adding rules like raising the limit of AA gun guns per territory... and also give the AA gun an attack value. Maybe give it an attack equal to an artillery but wont have the bonus roll for a added infantry.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:40 pm

I would like to see Artillery just given advantage against air units. But then giving certain counries (particularly Germany) advantages when using Artillery. Another simplistic way to make the game more complex :wink: :roll:

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...