How this game might look

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:43 am

you might ask about size restrictions as well

Orillian

Post by Orillian » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:15 am

Size restrictions is the issue I'm coming up against! sofar, nobody I've been able to find do them in anything over 16"! :P and the cost is pretty high. But then again I was looking at single mats.

As far as I understand it it's a 2 part process. the graphic,( which as far as I've been able to acertain can be photo quality print.) is printed as a mirror image on the reverse side of the top layer of the mat. once done the back layer is applied.

As far as durability....well I have a mousepad on my desk that gets used ALL the time. and it's over 6 years old and still going strong. shows some wear on the edges, but then again it's been abused basically 5 hours a day for those last 6 years. not to shabby. A board done on this stuff should last that much longer since it get played a lot less then my mouse pad gets abused.

hehe. I'll keep you posted as to what I find. But definately see what Imperious leader can find. He's the one that gave me the idea in the first place. he may have more success finding out what you need. :P

O.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:48 am

Comment noted

thanks

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:44 am

My experiments with the AAR map came up with the following:

http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=3312

I've also tried to create a magnetic A&A map (for storing a game overnight) without much success. I stil use magnetic fighters and carriers, though.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:47 am

Whoops! forgot to log on.

There's a better version of my Redux map on page 3 of the above thread.

The large number of island territories reflects the importance that small islands often had in regard to air power - especially important if you introduce CAP rules into AAA, which I favour.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:43 am

Comments noted
What is this Pripet territory? Denmark is problem, is it not? Too small to be on its own and yet not comfortable in Western Europe (France) . Interesting sea zones. India is divided up nicely. What’s with the purple territories? The US is divided into 4 regions.
Does Germany control French West Africa? Who’s side is Quebec on?

Just fooling with ya. :lol: Nice map. :wink:

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:23 am

nice to see clausies energy here...one of my favorite contributors to axis & allies community...
larry wrote:What is this Pripet territory?
many of us have created our maps to include this impassible area called pripet marsh, a swamp like area where armor doesnt function in movement, we have used it in different ways, no units allowed, or only infantry...this did two things, created a choice for germany, concentrate on a northernly route to victory, or southern...a nice little dance goes on as command positions move arround that area...

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:31 am

Larry wrote:Comments noted
This subject is closed and I will be deleting it. The split will remain where it is.
im going to ask that you please dont delete threads, keep in mind that youve only had this going for a few days, and it takes a little time for the word to get out, youve a lot of material to cover in a more organized fashion this time arround...

personally, i enjoy the developing conversations and watching light bulbs go on in peoples minds, exciting to be a part of...

think of this, if you would have deleted this, you may have never had the idea of the mouse pad look, which, i too will research for you by contacting the company that does the lamination for my maps...

on a side note, its ironic that imperious leader provided that information to orillian, who provided it to you with much interest...

im happy to see both of your minds working together, its so much nicer working together sharing ideas, i appreciate the energy change...