How this game might look

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:47 pm

Comments noted

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:00 pm

L-bow writes:
ive considered splitting the game at india at one point when making a combined axis & allies game...making india two territories...but thats just me...
I think if the map would be made any other way then that would be the other close to dead spot on the board to split. Many traditional strategic level games have gone that way. But still USA is by far the best choice.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:03 pm

Comments noted
This subject is closed and I will be deleting it. The split will remain where it is.

SkyPilot

Post by SkyPilot » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:41 pm

Orillian wrote:what about making the maps with the same type of material as the thin mouse pads. the graphic is sandwiched between the foam backing and the hard durable top coat.
Great idea. Stays flat, very light, doesn't bend....good for spills. I know which pads you're talking about....Nice!

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:22 am

Comments noted
interesting idea

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:23 am

Yes that is what i think larrys was saying. This format is the perfect most durable and cheapest way to go. I have a 24" chess board known as a floppyboard and its great. it never wrinkles and can be rolled up and folded as well. Its perfect. Ill take 100 please.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:36 am

Comment noted
I wonder what this stuff cost. where its made. If there are any color restrictions, or better said - number of colors. And finally - durability... does it hold up.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:39 am

My mouse pad is a photo of a world war two scene . It holds up to anything. The edges wear a bit on one side of my mouse pad ,But that because my hand keeps rubbing the corner. The chess mat is played outside in the sun and never shows any wear. It can take colors very easily. Not sure bout the cost boss, but ill call someone who does know the answer.