- Posts: 951
- Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:32 am
- Location: Greater East Yorkshire Co-Prosperity Sphere
I would also like to see for tech:
1. Separate pieces to denote tech units, even if its just pieces in a different shade.
2. No magic conversions. If you get Jet Power, it should only apply to units built after you acquire the tech. (This also effectively solves the "Sealion" problem as it creates a built-in delay.)
3. A +1 unit cost for tech units to reflect greater costs. Germany spent a great deal of time and money developing expensive tech units, while the allies preferred the mass production of a few basic types.
Some games i'm "Tech Happy" and roll like there is no tomorrow for the stuff, and others i laugh at those who do.
But it's nice to have the choice.
I think between us all we could create a new and improved Tech tree, and give the NA's a second look - dropping some, fixing others, and introducing new ones.
I do not think allowing the USA to have the same NA's as Japan or any other country is going to work.
I think each country should have it's own unique Techs and NA's so that the only differance between the countries is not piece color and starting position on the map. Each country should have a uniqueness to it.
Each tech requires a certain number of "research points" to achieve. For each 5 IPCs invested in research, roll one d12 and add the number to your research points total for that tech. When the required total is achieved, the tech is yours.
Advantages of this system:
- 1. Certain techs are harder to get than others.
2. You will always get a tech eventually if you research it long enough.
3. Some techs can have research point totals higher than 12 so that it is impossible to get them with one roll.
4. Some techs can have different "levels" of effectiveness/points.
"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests