Tech and National Advantages

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Tech and National Advantages

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:16 pm

comments about Tech and National Advantages...
larry wrote:Tech and National Advantages will both be revisited. This will be a less luck based system. Each nation will probably have its own tech track (Weapons Development). National Advantages will have the present LHTR NA’s and probably some additional ones.
Last edited by elbowmaster on Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brazashista

Post by Brazashista » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:08 am

suggestion :

V2
WHEN : When Allies liberate Western Europe or Southern Europe.
WHAT : All German AA are now rocket launcher.

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:06 pm

Comment noted

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:20 pm

timeline based would be cool, and/or like in revised, the special specifics for each country...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:50 pm

yes we need historically based Tech progression based on a nations propensity to create these advanced weapons. Id like them to appear on certain turns with their earlier arrival based on spending extra money spread over a few turns. Germany should have the most choice here, with usa and uk coming in second and third.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:57 pm

We dont need Weapons Developement or National Advances.

The V-2 rocket or me 262 jet-fighter or BB cost 23 ipc was so marginaly, it had no effeckt in ww2 , and it have no place in a game.

National Advances must be the same for all players. Why can only Germany's subs do Economic Naval Raid, have Stukas bombing London, have Panzer-blitz wich was a british idea. And why can only Sovjet have Leand/Lease and rail -move units. And only USA have mechanised infantry, and only Japans infantry can dug in ?
Well, you tell me.

The only Tech that made a difference, was the A-Bomb.
But for playability, nobody want that option.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:44 pm

Adlertag – I’m so where you are on this… The only reason I have this in the game is due to popular demand. One thing for sure… Each country should have the same possibilities. There is absolutely no reason why the American could not have kakazies

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:23 pm

American kamakazis go against every tradition i could ever imagine of our History. The japanese code of honour was that glory was to die for the emperior in battle (bushido code) . American pilots didnt die for FDR just for glory!. Please people tech advantages should remain historical for practical reasons. Just dont create any techs that totally change the outcome of conflict when its clearly decided. German Jet bombers could never have changed the war in 1945. The atomic bomb didnt change the war in 1945 either, it ended an allready decided affair. It was the coupe de grace for Japan.
Last edited by Imperious leader on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.