Infantry Stacking

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:22 am

maybe there could be a chart made on a page in the rule book or back side of the countrie cards... kinda like that of a map . A set of conditions accrossed the top and down the side.. meet those 2 points and what ever is stated there is max infantry your country can produce. Example A B C etc accross the top and numbers down the side. If your country meets the condations of say C and 3. You get to build the number in the box of C3.

Maybe this chart could be as simple as IPC's you control listed down the side and the number of territories held list accross the top... meet those 2 points up and thats your #.

Or even more simple yet... limited to a percentage of the amount you have to spend is your limit on the # of infantry you can buy.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:47 pm

Comments noted
What ever it will be - it will be simple. Of that you can be sure.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:16 pm

FORCE POOL

Printet on set-up chard
Nation with max land units purchased in a turn:
Sovjet 12
USA 8
Germany 5
UK 5
Japan 5
Italy 2
France 2

Ships and aircrafts are unlimited.

The abowe proposal is if a land unit is 100 000 men, like an Army.
For playability the unit should be corps-size, 50 000 men, and limits doubled.

I do belive Larry has reached the same result.
Staticially 12 % of the population was mobilized, dividet in 5 years and 4 seasons.
A nation could enlist 2.5 % of its population in a year, dividet in 4 seasons.

POPULATION.......FORCES -39.......12 % MOBILATION.....+ 2.5 % A YEAR
Russia 190 mill.....1.8 mill...............23 mill........................5 mill
USA 130 mill.........1 mill..................16 mill.......................3 mill.
Germany 80 mill....2 mill...................10 mill......................2 mill
UK 80 mill.............2 mill...................10 mill......................2 mill
Japan 80 mill........2 mill....................10 mill.....................2 mill
Italy 45 mill..........1 mill.....................5 mill......................1 mill
France 40 mill.......1 mill.....................5 mill.......................1 mill

Russia is without Belorussia/Ukrainas 50 mill.
UK is all ethnic Brits in CommonWealth.

I only do this to tease IL. :lol:

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:31 pm

Comments noted
I like your math - it works for me.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:37 pm

Eagleday, if we go with these figures, then the axis are doomed since the total of allied infantry builds are 3 to 1 advantage. Forget manpowerpotentials since they have too many inherent variables. You should post what the nation actually raised in their respective armys in terms of totals rather than total population figures. Plus you have to recognize that if say Japan captured say 20 % additional territories than history how that effects the new limit.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:07 pm

Comments noted
Il – thanks for the flag. I already noticed this. What adlertag presents here is a good place to start. I must also add that I’m intrigued with the man power shortages that the Axis historically had to deal with. I’m tempted to include this (to some extent) in the advanced game. This manpower thing could certainly be made up for in terms of German tanks.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:21 pm

see, those inf really are prized ;)

Zero Pilot

Post by Zero Pilot » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:37 am

elbowmaster wrote:see, those inf really are prized ;)
Especially if you painted them yourself. :D

~ZP
If the enemy is in range... so are you.