Infantry Stacking

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:54 pm

Comments noted
Yeah, care will certainly be given to not prejudice the Axis' ability to win this game.

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:54 pm

Larry -
Limiting Infantry builds is a topic AxisNDallas and myself have had on more than one occassion in the past, and I agree that there was only so many "bodies" to be had at a time.
Perhaps if we could find some information on population totals for each active country, we could then formulate the average number of able bodied men per each year of the war.
Based on that a set limit could be made.
Sounds easy enough.......we got any good "numbers people" out there?

It sure isn't me! :lol:

I'll give AxisNDallas an e-mail and see what he may be able to contribute.

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:58 pm

Those - In about 6 more minutes Ileader will be pumping in a 36 inch post listing all population numbers of all the major powers. This post will include the names of all the 15 to 45 year olds males in each country along with attached copies of their medical records

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:00 pm

gotta love it though...!!

thoes426

Post by thoes426 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:04 pm

Larry -
He must have gotten lost in his index cards! :lol:
so here's a start:
http://members.aol.com/forcountry/ww2/bal.htm

more to come as i find it.....

Thoes426 :twisted:
Strength lies not in defense but in attack.
Adolf Hitler

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:27 pm

what date is that??? italy and germany have the same size army, while germany has less subs than anybody. Those figures must be in 1933
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Poopsmith

Post by Poopsmith » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:19 pm

i think you should have set numbers that are the max amount of infantry a nation can have, differing for each nation depending on their population level. maybe you can bomb enemy cities and this would decrease their max amount of possible infantry. perhaps their maximum amounts of fighters and tanks depends on how much steel that country can produce or something.

i'm new to this site- what's advanced axis and allies? is it a totally new board game or new house rules or what?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:59 pm

Its a new game coming soon that by commitee we have helped larry design. Look at where we are heading and try to post some improvements to what we have offered.

On the issue of manpower, Id like to avoid a total cap based on nation, since if a player goes beyond its historical conquests, you have to factor a new limit. So the best method is a cap on infantry thats limited to twice the total of IP or the same as your total, so when you take more you can build more infantry. We are trying to stop the lame stacks of infantry plastic that benifits the defense. You will not the older games have them at 1-2, but now with our d12 dice system infantry is about 3-4 so combat will be more fluid. Also infantry will have more value as there are less of them, plus the other pieces will be built or encouraged to be built, which will add to more fun. No more turns of Germany just building 9-13 infantry each turn and a few tanks, trying to hold on the specailaized pieces. Now germany will make ships, and planes and other nice pieces.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.