Infantry Stacking

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
elbowmaster

Infantry Stacking

Post by elbowmaster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:15 pm

comments about Infantry Stacking...
larry wrote:Infantry Stacking: In an effort to curb this playing style the following rules will be in play. Countries will have limits on the number of infantry they can have on the board at one time (there are limits to military age population). There will be a slight edge and reward to aggressive play in that the Attack numbers will be slightly improved. Their will be more Victory Objectives, thus there will be less focus on a limited number of objectives. With more territories player will be forced to spread out more.
Last edited by elbowmaster on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:18 pm

This is good. It will also promote purchase of "bigger ticket" items.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Dec 20, 2004 6:21 pm

comments noted
Yes it will.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:56 pm

I dont like having such limits in general, but you may make a rule that allows for the total number of infantry on the board to equal the IP of your original territoriies plus 1/2 of your controlled . Not sure but its a stab on this. I wasnt considering this to be included into the game. Its a hard rule to swallow. gulp.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:03 pm

well im hoping for more than one type of game, would be nice to have the option to do both, a shorter NOVA feel game, and a longer revised type...i like the concept of a total "new" game, and i guess im holding on to some of the traditional aspects with the long games...

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:42 pm

Comments noted

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:15 am

I prefer a stack limit per territory rather than per nation.
I don't know what numbers are appropriate, but to throw a figure out I'll suggest a limit per Army Group (i.e. per territory) of
10 infantry
5 Artillery
5 Armour
Mech infantry to be considered as infantry.
(aircraft can be exempt as no intelligent player stacks fighters on a front line.)
This should also encourage the building of more balanced armies, as will the proposed combined arms bonus.

Larry

Post by Larry » Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:55 am

Comments noted
Yeah – the combined arms bonus might just do it.
I don’t care much for contrived stack limits. I think there must be a better way.