Aircraft

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Krieghund

Post by Krieghund » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:59 am

Yeah, Larry, I guess you're right. I developed this rule because I have air-to-air combat rules in my house rules and I needed to keep one player from ganging up his whole air force in one spot and wiping out the weaker air force of another player. Without air-to-air combat, the return probably isn't worth the effort.
A&A Developer and Playtester

"War is much more fun when you're winning!" - General Martok

Larry

Post by Larry » Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:25 am

Comments noted

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:16 pm

Krieghund, for what its worth, I love your suggestion.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:51 am

If we allow fighters to respond to a naval battle in a neighbouring sea zone, why not extend this as a general rule so that
After combat movement, any fighter belonging to the defending alliance that is not already engaged in combat may join in a battle in any adjacent land or sea zone.
Or, perhaps this ability should only be available to nations with a RADAR tech. I suggest we refer to this as the “scamble” ability.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:44 pm

this will be addressed in the game hopefully along these lines:

Coastal Defense
During Naval Combat Resolution, defending air units (including bombers) may move to an adjacent sea zone to participate in the defense of friendly naval units being attacked, or where defending naval units are conducting combat against enemy naval units that have ended their movement in the defender’s sea zone (including during amphibious assaults). Air units are "simply" moved into the effected zone without delay as the boss has requested .At the end of naval combat resolution, surviving coastal defense air units must return to their original land territory, if possible.
Air units may provide coastal defense even if the land territory they are from is under attack. They may provide coastal defense, defend the land territory, or provide strategic air defense; they may not do more than one. At the end of combat resolution, if the territory a defending air unit flew from is captured, the air unit must fly to the closest friendly territory within its flight range. If no friendly territory is available, the defending air unit is eliminated.
Last edited by Imperious leader on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 pm

Flashman – excellent idea… Scramble rule. I love it. I’d like it even with out RADAR tech.
Imp lea – I want to avoid any and all counting, including your simple suggestion of waiting till the 2nd round before attacking.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:01 pm

ok boss you got it no counting from one to two.. :cry:
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:02 pm

hahah... That's a boy.
Last edited by Larry on Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.