Aircraft Carriers and Battleships

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:28 pm

Some battleships took nearly the entire war to repair, and the cost was nearly prohibitive (tirpitz). While still others took a long time to repair. I think some cost should be assigned. Remember the economy is not going to be similiar to axis and allies. The prices are going down in general,and the map is larger which means more territories and probably more IP on the map. So if it costs 6 IP to fix a BB its out of say a budget of 50-60 IP.

I have also proposed a while back that naval builds should take longer for battleships and carriers . Instead of one 4 month turn and bamm! Instead, you spend half on one turn and begin building ,with completion on the second turn and final payment. Its an easy rule to have.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 am

How about BB's get 2 dices rolls? Sence they do cost quite a bit.

How about a Tech roll for BB's?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:11 pm

I think either they should or they hit twice, with the first hit preemtive. So if a BB is gonna be say 8/6 for say Italy, then the 8 is preemtive, and the 6 is just a secondary weapon that is not preemtive.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:16 pm

how about giving them a sneak attack for the first cycle? allow them to have a ranged advantage and possibly wear down on some of that cannon fodder.

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:26 pm

well my thinking is these slow pricey battleships need "an eye catcher" to show the other units whos boss so if we give them preemtive shots which really gives them an intrinsic value, then they will be purchased. Battleships enjoyed a clear advantage in gunnery range over other ships and the caliber of the big guns cannot be denied. In this manner to assault a BB youll need to bring a few smaller ships just to have an even match.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:01 am

Imperious leader wrote:I think either they should or they hit twice, with the first hit preemtive. So if a BB is gonna be say 8/6 for say Italy, then the 8 is preemtive, and the 6 is just a secondary weapon that is not preemtive.
I totally agree with you, IL.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:16 am

So when you say preemtive and secondary... do you mean maybe you could use the BB for more then just the first round of rolls... maybe let it fight thru the whole battle or maybe do a preemtive and also a 2nd roll when all the other units roll?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:48 pm

Yes it fights with one preemtive thru all combat rounds. The idea of one round doesnt seen realistic, because the idea is long range guns of highter caliber, which does not dissipate with time.