Italy

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
adlertag

me

Post by adlertag » Fri Oct 14, 2005 10:14 am

and what I want

I am a piece junkie

I want Italian units in light grey
French units in blue
and Chinese units
and nation specific rockets, jets and heavy artillery.
Thank you, Santa.

A&A Revised is the perfect balanced game.
A&A Advanced must start in 1939 and be an 8 player game.
Advanced will take longer time to play, too.
I know some people want to keep it simple, shorten the playing time down to 40 minutes, cut down the players to just 2 ( one allied and one axis player) , and that is ok too, but dont call it Advanced, call it A&A Simplified.

And as far as Italy is conserned.
Why do Italian men have mustache ??
They want to look like their mothers.
lol :lol:

The Doctor

Re: Italy

Post by The Doctor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm

I would like to cast my comments about how my time commanding Italy played out.

Firstly I was playing on my own world board (June 1941), where Italy controls: Italy is broken up into North (6 IPC) and South Italy (4 IPC). I added Albania (1 IPC) and Italian Libya (1 IPC), Sicily (1 IPC) and divided Egypt in half with
Italian Egypt ( -IPC), and Italian East Africa (2 IPC) Total: 15

They set up was based on what units where in position from A&A Europe, and historically.

Italy's set up:
North Italy: 2 Infantry, 1 Artillery, 2 Armour, 1 Fighter, 1 Bomber, 1 AA, 1 Industrial Complex
South Italy: 2 Infantry
Albania: 3 Infantry, 2 Artillery, 1 Armour, 1 Fighter
Crete: 1 Infantry
Italian Libya: 3 Infantry, 2 Artillery, 2 Armour, 2 Fighters
Italian Egypt: 2 Infantry, 1 Armour
Italian East Africa, 1 Infantry, 1 Artillery
Italy also gets a Battleship, Destroyer and Transport.

I was playing my game with the "Desert Upkeep" rules:
Pay 1 IPC for every unit occupying a desert terrain. (All of Africa) Alternatively, you may remove one or more of those units from the game board.

I will admit that on Italy's first turn I forgot that the Desert Upkeep rule and killed off a ton of the Africa force. But it was probably for the best since they would cost 14 IPC to keep in the first place.

Italy proved very useful in backing up the Germans when the Russians took Romania. They all so drove the British out from Vichy France. Italy other wise seemed to play with it's own agenda (despite being played by the German player)
Italy secured oil money from the allies and allowed Japan to take some as well (in the Middle East) It's navy was able to protect transports later on so that Italy could go on and secure Africa. This gave the Germans the peace of mind to finish off the USSR.

I found that some times Germany and Italy would take turns one after the other, but other times buy and move at the same time as the Germans for tactical purposes.

I feel very strongly that Italy need it's own income. I don't think 15 was too much. I gave Australia 20, and I think it should have been 15 (since both these minor powers function in the same way)

As a side note, yes, Germany could build only around the Denmark Area.Although Germany began with a fleet and a Battleship north of Norway (the Tirpitz) After the British demolished the Kriegsmarine, Germany built no more ships.
The Doctor

Larry

Re: Italy

Post by Larry » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Hey Adlertag,
When the dumbest in Sweden moved to Norway the IQ level became higher on both sides of the border. :lol: