Combined Arms

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:42 pm

Sorry if I am just repeating someone else(or myself) but wouldn't it be easier to have 2 Combinations? one Inf Art Arrm and one Mech Arm with plus one for each or additional roll at 4? these combos are killing me and would take way to long to calc.

GG
Last edited by Guerrilla Guy on Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:17 pm

And here is another idea I have that could comply for an agressoin rewarded system... There is no Defensive Combined Arms Bonuses.... This will keep players on the offense giving them the added benefit... there is still some ability to defend like Amphibious bonus for defenders and obviously fortifications... this also is an incentive to buy "bigge-ticket" items to get the benefit...

What do you think?

GG

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:03 pm

Nice try, GG, better luck next time.

SURPRICE BONUS , the basic idea of BLITZ-KRIEG.

One corner-stone in the BLITZ-KRIEG consept was to surprice the enemy. Speed was essential in this, and this is why German tanks had high speed and greate mobility, and always worked in conjunktion with Stukas and mech. infantry.
But of course, nothing last forever, so after the initial attacks the surprice factor was lost, and the final fighting always got down to infantry supportet by artillery.

For A&A game purposes, it will look like this:

COMBINED ARMS, BLITZ-KRIEG.
Tanks with Bombers with Mech. infantry get +2 in first round of combat only, to reflect the surprice factor. For the next continuing combat rounds, they have normal combat value. In LHTR's National Advantages we see the Stuka-rule where the german fighter roll a 5 or less in first round of combat only, and 3 or less for the continuing rounds.
This is how Blitz-Krieg works, either you knock-out your opponent in first round (with help from surprice), or if you fails, you face a traditionally way of long time war.

COMBINED ARMS, ASSAULT
Infantry with Artillery. Get a +1 bonus in all combat rounds, as usual.
Infantry with Battleship. Now the battleship act as artillery-support for the infantry, who gets a bonus during the landing.
Infantry with Bombers. Now the bomber act as flighing artillery-support for the infantry, who gets a bonus .

http://www.panzerworld.net/blitzkrieg.html
Last edited by adlertag on Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:23 pm

Adlertags idea is good in this case, as long as we dont get a list of 20 possible combinations that get a attack modifier. No more than say 3 possible bonuses in such cases all at 1/1/1 or 1/1 ratios.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:07 pm

adlertag wrote:Nice try, GG, better luck next time.
can you plz be blunt with what you meant by this comment? is it because you alreasy posted it? I didn't see taht but if I missed more power to you...

GG

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:19 pm

Guerrilla Guy wrote:
can you plz be blunt with what you meant by this comment? is it because you alreasy posted it? I didn't see taht but if I missed more power to you...

GG
Please, GG, this is my way of small-talking, just get used to it. :lol:

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:34 pm

adlertag wrote:
Guerrilla Guy wrote:

GG
OK you abominable Snowman :lol:

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:38 am

Guerrilla Guy wrote:
adlertag wrote:
Guerrilla Guy wrote: can you plz be blunt with what you meant by this comment? is it because you alreasy posted it? I didn't see taht but if I missed more power to you...

GG
OK you abominable Snowman :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dont push it, you war-lovin freekin american. "Snowman" was close to the eye, man, but "abominable" is far out of line, not that I am surpriced, I have worked with many americans, and know your attitude. For the future you can address me Herr Adlertag, thank you. 8)