Rail Road system

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Larry

Post by Larry » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:26 pm

well thank you, you beast...
Comments noted
/////

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:32 am

I like the idea about railroads because they can now be air interdiction possible and units on rail can possiblly move farther along the rail. Its a good concept. before i really didnt like this , but i do see some value in this idea
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

The Old Soldier

Post by The Old Soldier » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:59 pm

I'm not fond of RR, but if there are used, then I want dead simple rules for thier use. Rail lines would allow x number of land units to move from point a to point b in one move. They may not unload in a combat zone, and may not move from point a to b if the rail is damaged or a territory they pass through is in enemy control.

Bombers may damage rail lines by making a successfull attack on line. Place a damaged maker in territory. Rail lines can be fixed by player paying x IPCs in his buying phase.

Sean

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:45 pm

it can be more simple than that. The total number of rail "points" can be reduced as a result of air interdiction. No need to pay for fixing the railroads etc. I favor something like either a static number of units can be railed, or all units move double their current movement values (like chutes and ladders). :wink: :wink:
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:58 pm

Why have a rail chip at all? add up the " power" of the amount of VC's and IC's you control and that is the amount of units you can move. Have a set distance(5 spaces lets say) they are allowed to move in NCM. the Units must start from either a VC or IC. a NPC type chart keeps track of how many rail poinst you have and may be bombed by SBRing Cities. The enemy must pay a fee to repair and they cannot transport that many units for the next turn.

thoughts?

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:44 pm

Id say move double as per unit movement limits,total that can be moved limited by IP value, also based on fixed SR points.

TMTM

Post by TMTM » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:08 am

I like all the idea's.. as most hobbist love train's... I had suggested a train peice.. because I think it would be cool! If I build my own 4ft X 8ft battle area with terrain and trees and grass... putting a mini electric train to move units would be really cool!

But I think what will probably be done is a rail road track be printed on the map... and all of the land areas the rail goes thru will have to be owned to be used.

As for how many units can be moved on the rail.. should be a set number and not a variable one. Maybe the total added IPC value of the units combined could be a limit.

Guerrilla Guy

Post by Guerrilla Guy » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:48 am

you know I had this thought about Rail... Why doesn't each Territory have rail # :roll: (duh) on the territory representing how many units can move, and fighters somehow can strafe moving land units like D-Day... I am not sure how to implement since it is not like CAP...

AA Guns can be put on top of Railroads particularly (since when placed on railroads that is all they defend) to defend against such an attack...

Thoughts,

GG
"We're airborne. We’re supposed to be surrounded."

Dick Winters to 2nd Lt. George Rice after being told that the 101st Airborne would be surrounded at Bastogne

Games are like my Avatar...