Fortifications

Thanks for your input todate. Here is a collection of my thinking at this point. Please feel free to participate in this on going discussion. Your contributions are appreciated. Tell your A&A friends about this so they have a chance to voice what they want in A-A&A. I'll update the the original posting as changes and new ideas are adopted or contemplated.
Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:33 pm

I favor "forticications" which would allow some areas to begin with some heavy duty structures. "siegfreid line", singapore, gibrater, tobruk, malta. They cant be treated the same. thats why i propose three levels max, and you can only build one level per turn. each defends at two rolls of 6/6 and can only be taken down a level with say either a "one",or two hits equals one level destroyed--- something. i wish the old bloskhouse would look like a hex style building with a gun turret in the side. That would be nice.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:24 pm

DUG-IN infantry

In non-combat move the infantry units may dug-in.
Just place a token with picture of a spade and a pick-axe besides the units that are dug-in. They now defend on 3 or less.
They are not able to move again before the dug-in token are removed in a future non-combat move.

During playtesting I used the resource-token from "War! Age of Imperialism" from Eagle Games. That token has a pic of a spade and a pick-axe, looks real beautiful and fits perfect as a symbol of a dug-in unit.

Gen. Alexander Patch
Location: Planet Earth, Solar Sys., Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse

Post by Gen. Alexander Patch » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Some ideas for fortresses:

---First off, they are immovable (duh)
---Theyshould only provide support for other units; they can't defend alone
---The cost should be not too expensive
---Only one fort per territory, but they could be upgraded by adding mines, barbed wires, ditches, MGs, etc. (these should be bought during the purchase units phase).

Comments noted?
"To err is human, to forgive is divine... Neither of which is the current SAC policy."

----Strategic Air Command

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

The second part of that post has many tactical ideas that would not work IMO in that type of level wargame. Of course that same idea would be possible if the subject was a WW1 game due in large part to the major emphasis on a static battlefield condition.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.