My Axis and Allies 1942 room...

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Der Kuenstler

My Axis and Allies 1942 room...

Post by Der Kuenstler » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:57 am

I've really enjoyed looking at all the tables, maps, and pieces here! These pics were posted on another site but I thought I'd put them here in case Larry or others hadn't seen it yet. A spare bedroom opened up in my basement and I've converted it into my own war room. � The centerpiece is Imperious Leader's excellent 1942 map which I downloaded to a zip file and took to a local printer.

First an overall view of the table in the room:

Another view - propaganda posters and newspaper clippings from WWII are framed on the walls:

Next the ceiling: 2 strips of bright studio lights. A flag from each major nation in WWII is draped to the corners: (I have since corrected the American flag)

Handmade wood and felt dice rolling trays on both sides of the map keep the dice from hitting other pieces:

Handmade wooden trays for each nation:

This map on the wall is a copy of an actual German invasion map - circa Sept. 1942 - Stalingrad.

The closet was converted into a nook with a 40's look. I keep all my extra pieces and game parts in the dresser below and the radio plays Cds with 40's music:

A custom production chart at the head of the table - made of sheet metal with magnetic markers:

My custom battle-boards are double sided "attack" and "defense" to increase size and utility - each side of the table has it's own that can be flipped over according to the situation:

Update -I fixed the US Flag - now it is historical....

I added convoy raiding zones to my map....

And added a WWII Fighter display - 1:48 scale....

Lastly, to avoid those disastrous game ending spills - everyone has his own cup holder under the table. House rule: no drinks on the table!

I've been wanting to something like this for 25 years - finally have the space and a good tolerant wife. Now the guys can play and just walk off and shut the door and it will all be there next time.

pellulo

Re: My Axis and Allies 1942 room...

Post by pellulo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Looks like Axis and Allies showroom for players, but, seriously what will you do, if they come out with a World War One game? Maybe a bigger room?, thanks, Pellulo
Pellulo

Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:59 am

EH, WWII has always neen my favorite era. I don't think I'll ever have much interest in WWI's static warfare. But who knows...when the last kid moves out.... :wink:

elbowmaster

Post by elbowmaster » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:55 pm

What a sweet set up! Thank you for sharing. Now just get some painted units... 8)

SithlordRPGA

Post by SithlordRPGA » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:43 pm

That is amazing, I would love a game room like that one day.

timerover51

Post by timerover51 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:58 am

Clearly, you do not have any kids in college.

Larry

Post by Larry » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:55 am

Outstanding !!!

jsensor

Post by jsensor » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:26 pm

I want a room like this so badly.