A&A Global Map

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Dave

Re: A&A Global Map

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:53 am

Here is a picture of Europe. Since this is where the two Europe map panels met, I took the liberty of centering some of the text.
Attachments
8.jpg
8.jpg (237.52 KiB) Viewed 3269 times

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:56 am

Sea Zone 128 appears for the first time!!!
Attachments
9.jpg
9.jpg (247.36 KiB) Viewed 3269 times

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:00 am

I corrected both borders for sea zone 6. They now properly meet at Korea/Amur and at Korea/Manchuria.
Attachments
10.jpg
10.jpg (221.42 KiB) Viewed 3269 times

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 am

This reminds me of my cutting up a Revised board early on and trying to scan it.

Dealing with the "valleys" was a pain when cleaning up the image, but I was also just using Paint.

I should get you to do an alternate version for me to fit the separate power UK India idea that I have proposed. Placing of the Union Jack roundel image on a bunch of the UK Pacific territories and also giving control of a few of the islands to the ANZAC.

Good work!

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:44 am

Craig A Yope wrote:This reminds me of my cutting up a Revised board early on and trying to scan it.

Dealing with the "valleys" was a pain when cleaning up the image, but I was also just using Paint.

I should get you to do an alternate version for me to fit the separate power UK India idea that I have proposed. Placing of the Union Jack roundel image on a bunch of the UK Pacific territories and also giving control of a few of the islands to the ANZAC.

Good work!
Thank you for the complement. However, I will not be able to help you on your alternate map. I did all of this with a trial version of Photoshop which has since expired.

Dave

bradley8118

Post by bradley8118 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:57 am

very nice work Dave, I imagine that was more then a few hours of fun.

Dave

Post by Dave » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 am

bradley8118 wrote:very nice work Dave, I imagine that was more then a few hours of fun.
Yea, that is one way to say it. It was about seven weeks to get it cut up, scanned, and put back together with Photoshop. Then a few more before I had it printed. Lots and lots of late nights after the kids went to bed in order for me to do this. Not fun, but I am definitely enjoying it now. :D

Craig A Yope

Post by Craig A Yope » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:48 pm

Dave wrote:
bradley8118 wrote:very nice work Dave, I imagine that was more then a few hours of fun.
Yea, that is one way to say it. It was about seven weeks to get it cut up, scanned, and put back together with Photoshop. Then a few more before I had it printed. Lots and lots of late nights after the kids went to bed in order for me to do this. Not fun, but I am definitely enjoying it now. :D
That blurry-eyed look the next morning that the wife gives you hell about! :wink:

"How late did you stay up last night on the computer? More stuff for that game? How many times are you going to refight that war?" :roll:

It's all good now! :mrgreen: