axis & allies picture of the day or week

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Imperious leader

Re: axis & allies picture of the day or week

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:41 pm

These are the best i have seen from you. Can you paint a complete set? how much?

400 pieces
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:18 pm

the one's I just posted were mimmo's creations, I am in the process now of up updating / upgrading mine. I really like how mimmo created some of his mods, brilliant.

my price is as always, .99 USD each. so if your comment is for me, 400 would run you about 396.00 USD plus about 5.00 for shipping in USA. Keep in mind I would be painting your units you send to me. What a steal considering the time, workmanship and passion that goes into painting each one. If we were pulling from my inventory, well, I havent really thought of that price yet.

how much were they a set when we could get them?? perhaps that base price plus the .99 for hand painting.

after all these years of doing this, I have finally refined my process to pump a bunch of this out ;)

I feel with the majority of the units, like artillery / infantry, they are already pretty much juiced up, but I want to upgrade all my navies, airforce and armor with just a little bit more.
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Your price is reasonable. I have a guy who has been painting literally thousands of these pieces for the last year. He charges 1.25, but his artistic view of the painting schemes is kinda different. He really does the planes and infantry good, but the rest is not too my liking.

So can you post one real good close up of one of your pieces? That would help me decide. I will have a set of AA42 painted up plus bring in my AA50 Italian set of another however many pieces they have.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

elbowsanchez

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:44 pm

what type of complexity are you wanting? exact replicas? or color specific using nation specific uniform colors? I'm sure i could pull off some similar look to mimmos. I think you posted a link to the ultimate paint set. Do you recall? I could get some ideas from that.

my basic version of paint job, just check the last 30 pages ;)

I'm currently working on some simple mods aka mimmo, and adding a little bit extra to everything else like armor, and airforce. I think the artillery are about as far as you can get with detail.
-The evil Bert & friend

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Ok i will get you some links to see the kind of work that needs to be done. give me a few days to find them.

elbowsanchez

tribute to mimmo

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:20 pm

-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

tribute to mimmo

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:21 pm

-The evil Bert & friend

elbowsanchez

tribute to mimmo

Post by elbowsanchez » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:23 pm

-The evil Bert & friend