Nuclear's Map Ranking system (Based off Rational Reasoning)

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:33 pm

Flashman wrote:To answer some specific points:

All these maps are based on the assumption that something along the lines of a "Soviet Xenophobia" rule will be employed, whereby no UK/US units are allowed on Soviet territory.
Ah okay, cool. Sounds like a good thing.
The Caspian naval base is to allow transport of units/lend-lease money/fuel by sea and hence more quickly via the Caspian sea from Iran. Historical research shows this to have been a vital Allied supply line.
Iran can build units or is it just possible for the UK to send units there via India or something? Still seems a little weird. I could see someone build a battleship or something else in there so the can get naval bomardment or something to take back their areas.
India is deliberately divided to reflect the difficulty the Japanese would have had. It is very silly to depict that they could have conquered India in just one battle! To be fair this is something you got absolutely correct on your World map as I pointed out in the review.
Yup I know, and I even said that yours was nicely done.
I will update my files with a 1940 version of the new map in the coming weeks.
I look foward to this new version. I do not know what you will change but okay.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:14 pm

Nuclear: thanks for your kind review as always.

Imperious.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:43 pm

Imperious leader wrote:Nuclear: thanks for your kind review as always.

Imperious.
Your welcome.

By the way, I revised the ranking system to make it more easy to see how I am ranking things. I will adjust ranks to make it fit closer to that model.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

Sabre Von Manteuffel

Post by Sabre Von Manteuffel » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:34 pm

Nuke,

man, don't do it. just stop. Flashman has this "thing" about maps. He may even wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with evil visions of 1-territory Indias, Sinai attached to Persia, and misplaced/mislabeled countries.

we all know he has some kind of map perfection compulsive disorder, but you don't need to begin your own ranking system. Just let it go...like the Pringle at the bottom of the can. :twisted:

Flashman,

I know you're grinning and think about flogging my bloody arse, but I was wondering, have you ever written a GPS company or Google and lit them up when their FREE directions are wrong or show roads that are in wrong place or take you the wrong way?

That's where we should channel your passion. Try getting a job at GoogleEarth or Rand McNally. :wink:

-Sabre
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in English, thank an American Veteran!

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:43 pm

Sabre Von Manteuffel wrote:Nuke,

man, don't do it. just stop. Flashman has this "thing" about maps. He may even wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat with evil visions of 1-territory Indias, Sinai attached to Persia, and misplaced/mislabeled countries.

we all know he has some kind of map perfection compulsive disorder, but you don't need to begin your own ranking system. Just let it go...like the Pringle at the bottom of the can. :twisted:

Flashman,

I know you're grinning and think about flogging my bloody arse, but I was wondering, have you ever written a GPS company or Google and lit them up when their FREE directions are wrong or show roads that are in wrong place or take you the wrong way?

That's where we should channel your passion. Try getting a job at GoogleEarth or Rand McNally. :wink:

-Sabre
My system here was to show that anyone can rank maps if they really want to. At first I saw this thread as a joke. To point out a bunch of stupid useless things that may or may not have to do with the map.

Now if I could delete this thread I would most likely do so. But I do not have that power.