Dagon's map

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:36 am

Some more images:

The impassable terrains are not complete in these. Also, the font for them is still the same, have to change that also. I think Ill make Siberia with no "inside borders". The adjacent territories have enough space. Only in himalayas, amazonia and sahara Ill keep a transparency to add more space.

Probably by the Weekend Ill release the map... FINALLY!... :shock:

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:06 pm

That would be great.

Id like to see the rules too.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:26 pm

The rules I dont have them available... they have as base the Revised rules.

Some changes that I supose will work. These can always be changed by anyone. Only the established lend-lease/aid routes, railways and naval bases are a must I suppose...

Ill explain them here.

Also, almost each country has a background and defined objective (like a personal objective to earn points in the end). Anyway, I would like to hear some opinions to make these rules better.

Which file type should I save to make the map available? tiff? png? bmp?...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Please make it a .AI file so it will be a vector file. That would be a large file. Online they have servers for 100MB files and such.

PNG would be a last resort or possibly PDF, but i doubt it would work.

Look up AARHE and get some ideas for your game. Its a great resource for any variant.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Houston...we have a problem... :?

Ok...the map is compete! Finally! :) BUT...
I saved the file as psd first without layers and...its 1,24 Gb... Then I tried saving as other extensions and could only save as .tiff. The problem is it didnt compress much as its still a 925 Mb file...

I cant save as .ai, the program I use doesnt have such extensions. The same with .png as the computer freezes while attempting...

Any ideas?

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:13 pm

LMFAO!!!

I was wondering when you might have these problems. I have the same thing anytime I go over 75 MB.

Just Do what you can. I would pay shipping fees for a copy sent to me.

I want to playtest but i dont want terrible copy.

I will PM and pay pal you shipping costs.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 am

Ok, first Ill try pando, it might work... if anyone can't download, post it here.

I would recommend that anyone interested in this map, to download the jpeg version first to have a look at the map... its just 12 Mb and gives a very good idea.

Already uploaded the map. Its in .psd (photoshop format)... download it here:

Also, for those interested to see the map first, download it here in a lower resolution and much less quality file (jpeg format):

The rules or an attempt (incomplete):

For those interested in a sample to print in a A4 sheet to have an idea of the map space, download this one (jpeg format):

This map is 250cm x 127cm but can be made double that size easily because of its resolution.

To download these files you need pando too, its very easy to install. Its the best choice I could do regarding the size of this map...

Hope you enjoy
Last edited by Dagon81 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:22 am

So...does this pando thing work? Anyone could download the files fine?

Comments :)