Dagon's map

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Sabre Von Manteuffel

Post by Sabre Von Manteuffel » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:39 am

IL,

I think he was just showing what it would look like with a few units on there in a computer-based setting, as he also plays through the TripleA form (http://tripleawarclub.org/ladder/ or http://tripleawarclub.org/forums/index.php). These icons were made and presented to us gamers on the forum by a game with too much time, and too much talent. He has more icons are at the triplea forum, some from a Napoleon Era game, but I can't find the thread right now.

Here's the guy's own site with some of his stuff:

http://computermechanics.net/triplea/

As far as being used as a TripleA map, it gets real busy (especially in Europe) as IL pointed out. I think you were just trying to show what it would look like as a computer-based game, but in the TripleA format, way too much going on. If this is the giant movie poster sized board game that you were originally speaking of, there is more potential there. I'd still lose the aircraft/navy pictures in the ocean, but that's just one opinion. At very least I'd take the aircraft out of the ocean.

My 2 Cents anyway.
-Sabre
If you can read this, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in English, thank an American Veteran!

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:12 am

I know this guy. He came to me about 5 months ago and asked to use my Barbarossa map for a triple A game he was working on. I didn't like his concept so i turned him down. But he does make some real interesting units.

If somebody would take our AARHE map files it would be of some service to others.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:31 am

The units were made by LSSAH, a player of Triplea. My point was just to show the map with some triplea units, it wouldnt make sense to use railways or roads in triplea as the game cant afford such details... Also, the map is much more smaller than the original and so the units look big...but anyway they could be made smaller as the game can zoom out the units.

BUT...this is just an idea, I like to play triplea in a BigWorld 1942 variant and tried to convert this map to the triplea engine but the mapeditor really #$%&... when it is upgraded then probably Ill do it.

Imperious Leader said:
Where did you get those icons? They look like photos of tanks and cannons but somehow treated like a drawing. What or how were they created?

Is that the setup? Only one guy or piece in a territory?
The setup is just an idea, of course more inf per territory were needed.
The icons are from http://computermechanics.net/triplea/ , the designer is LSSAH. By the way thank you LSSAH, great work!

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:33 pm

Just finished the impassable terrains:

Sahara

Himalayas

The board so far:

Staghound

Post by Staghound » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:40 pm

:shock:

Are you kidding me?

It looks like someone has been taking a shit above your map and put his signature in it.

Ok, being constructive now: try to temper the brown and use a different font.

Or even better: return to the raster effect.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:11 pm

Well...when it comes to brown the first things that come to my mind are coffe or wood... but ok... :? lol I think it looks fine. You dont even imagine the amount of tryouts Ive made for the impassable terrains...

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:51 pm

That terrain has totally ruined the map.

Reduce the opacity to under 25% and get a pattern for desert or snow or something.

i second staghounds comments
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Dagon81

Post by Dagon81 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:18 am

Triplea version, basic one, without relief - Its done but the program is not working preperly. Still under testing.