Flashman's Map Files

Show off your A&A photographs and Game maps.
Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:15 pm

June 1942 - a simplified version without all the clutter...

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:57 pm

master_cyan wrote:they look really great. my favorite is kazahstan in 1945. i didn't even see the 3 madagascars at firist. but was teh pripret really that impassable?
For tanks and artillery, yes. In my rules infantry only can enter the marsh. Aircraft can fly over, but land in or attack units in it. I start 3 Soviet infantry in it to represent it as a centre of partizan activity. The Germans have to decide if it's worth piling in the infantry they need to clear it, or leave this thorn in their rear, so to speak.

elbowsanchez

Classic!!

Post by elbowsanchez » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:22 pm

the latest 1945 has to be some of your best work yet, second only to the real AAM...

Axis & Allies: Monopoly

please humor the crowd with some updates on that version!!

ES
-The evil Bert & friend

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:00 pm

Well, don't see much more to be done there.
Pewter minis of national leaders?

New maps inserted above in appropriate years, 1939 on the way.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:33 pm

My latest is now viewable on the Geek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/26249 ... lified.PNG

Elbowmaster appears to have jumped off a Chinese mountain so I had to use this host, hence the delay.

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:32 pm

Flashman wrote:My latest is now viewable on the Geek:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/26249 ... lified.PNG

Elbowmaster appears to have jumped off a Chinese mountain so I had to use this host, hence the delay.
Found a mistake already.

Crete was taken over by the Germans not the Italians. Same with Finland. Unless the colors mean something else?

I still have no idea why people divde out China into Nationalistic China and Communist China. From my studies on China during WW2, the two forces united to fight a common enemy being Japan. People always seem to want China divided out, when there does not appear to be a good reason for this.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.

Flashman

Post by Flashman » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Finland was not invaded by Germany, but joined the Axis to get their territory back from the Soviets. Making it therefore part of the "Axis Minors" player headed by Italy seems reasonable. Also, when the Finns pulled out of the war they started fighting the Germans there, driving them into Norway.

Crete in effect represents many islands in the Eastern Mediterrranean, including the Dodecanese. Really these were joint German/Italian occupied like Greece and Yugoslavia, but this was regarded as part of the Italian sphere.
The Chinese Nats and Reds spent as much time fighting each other as fighting the Japanese. For long periods of the war they each had unofficial truces with Japan so they could launch attacks on each other. They each decided to let the Americans do the business of defeating Japan and were far more concerned to build up their forces to take over the whole of China after the war.
Broadly speaking my depiction of the north of China under Soviet/Communist influence is correct, while the Nats had retreated into Szechuan where they occasionally launched raids on Japanese territory. But it really was a three-cornered fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

Nuclear

Post by Nuclear » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:14 pm

Flashman wrote:Finland was not invaded by Germany, but joined the Axis to get their territory back from the Soviets. Making it therefore part of the "Axis Minors" player headed by Italy seems reasonable. Also, when the Finns pulled out of the war they started fighting the Germans there, driving them into Norway.

Crete in effect represents many islands in the Eastern Mediterrranean, including the Dodecanese. Really these were joint German/Italian occupied like Greece and Yugoslavia, but this was regarded as part of the Italian sphere.
The Chinese Nats and Reds spent as much time fighting each other as fighting the Japanese. For long periods of the war they each had unofficial truces with Japan so they could launch attacks on each other. They each decided to let the Americans do the business of defeating Japan and were far more concerned to build up their forces to take over the whole of China after the war.
Broadly speaking my depiction of the north of China under Soviet/Communist influence is correct, while the Nats had retreated into Szechuan where they occasionally launched raids on Japanese territory. But it really was a three-cornered fight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War
Okay objections withdrawn.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand Binary and those that do not.