NA: Tiger Tanks

Have you been playing with some house rules over the years - or even recently invented, that you'd like to share?

Which of the following variants (No1-4) of Tiger Tanks do you think would be the most balanced and useful NA for Germany?

No1
17%
No2
25%
No3
58%
No4
No votes

Total votes: 12

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:30 pm

Well those Katyusha Rockets are fun. Id allow them better mobility at 2 WITH attack and defense at 2 cost 4 , but with a +2 bonus it they attack with any infantry unit.

I dont like NA's in general, rather like just giving nations these items as new pieces that they in fact did have.

have you considered using the anti-aircraft guns as the self-propelled artillery or heavy artillery? if used perhaps the values can be :

move 1, cost 6 , attack/defense at 3, kicker is preemtive hit each round, or free salvo across territory "bombardment" with no return fire.
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

adlertag

Post by adlertag » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:23 pm

What about this:

VOLKSTURM UNIT

Disabled veterans, mounted on wheels with big guns.
Att/Def 2 or less. Cost 2 ipc.

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:42 pm

VOLKSTURM UNIT

Disabled veterans, mounted on wheels with big guns.
Att/Def 2 or less. Cost 2 ipc.

that picture is the funnist thing you posted!!! hehehahha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/img][/code]
We really need an Axis and Allies World War one game so i can play that on August 1st, 2014.

Gen. Alexander Patch
Location: Planet Earth, Solar Sys., Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse

Post by Gen. Alexander Patch » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:47 pm

[quote="Imperious leader"]I dont like NA's in general, rather like just giving nations these items as new pieces that they in fact did have. quote]

Hey Imperious Leader. I just joined harrisgamedesign.com yesterday so you guys probably don't know me. But anyway, I just want to say what if we give all the powers unique units?

Here are some ideas:

USSR
1. 82mm Katyusha "Stalin Organs"
Cost--5
Move--1
Attack--2
Defense--2
Special Ability--Can bombard land territories within 1 space (I have no ideas yet how to do this.)

2. Cossack Cavalryman
Cost--4
Move--2
Attack--2
Defense--1
Special Ability--May not blitz

Germany
1. SS Stormtrooper
Cost--4
Move--1
Attack--1
Defense--2
Special Ability--May burn down captured ICs (well, Rohm's brownshirts burned Jewish hospitals and stuff.)

2. SDKfz. 182 "Konigstiger" (the famous King Tiger)
Cost--15
Move--2
Attack--3
Defense--3
Special Ability--May not blitz, takes 2 hits to destroy (cannot be repaired like battleships)

UK
1. Walrus Flying Boat
Cost--12
Move--6
Attack--4
Defense--1
Special Ability--Able to land on water, cannot conduct strategic bombing raids

2. Commando
Cost--4
Move--1
Attack--2
Defense--2
Special Ability--Can "sabotage" adjacent naval units. On a roll of 1 the ship is sunk.

Japan
1. Mounted Infantry
Cost: 4
Move--2
Attack--1
Defense--2
Special Ability--May blitz just like tanks

2. Swordsman Officer
Cost--5
Move--1
Attack--2
Defense--2
Special Ability--Attacks on a 3 if infantry is the target.

USA
1. Paratrooper
Cost--4
Move--1
Attack--1
Defense--2
Special Ability--Can use planes as transports and drop into territories and sea zones (they die if you drop them on sea zones)

2. B-29 "Superfortress"
Cost--18
Move--8
Attack--4
Defense--2
Special Ability--Can't be hit by ack-ack, add 2 to dice result when conducting strategic bombing runs

Comments?
"To err is human, to forgive is divine... Neither of which is the current SAC policy."

----Strategic Air Command

Gen. Alexander Patch
Location: Planet Earth, Solar Sys., Milky Way Galaxy, Multiverse

Post by Gen. Alexander Patch » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:48 pm

This thread is dead isn't it?
"To err is human, to forgive is divine... Neither of which is the current SAC policy."

----Strategic Air Command

rawdawg

Post by rawdawg » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:03 pm

Ya know, you could formulate d12s into the game and that would give you a bigger range. Just double the hit roll. for instance, if an artillery hits on a 2 or less on a d6, than it would hit on a 4 or less with a d12. This way, you could say that an infantry hits at a 2 or less and heavy infantry hit at a 3 or less. German tanks hit at a 6 or less while tiger tanks hit at a 7 or less. Sounds good to me, you would be able to do all types of things after that! :idea:
"Every man dies, not every man really lives"
William Wallace

Imperious leader

Post by Imperious leader » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:49 pm

This thread is never dead... never.. Im looking at the list. The problems is two fold: 1) with a d6 system nation specific units becomes meaningless because their are only 6 possible levels of combat value. a D12 is most prefered in this instance.

2) the nation specific units you listed were never grouped into specific units except tiger tank battalions at Bulge and Elephant tanks at Kursk ( again BN level)

the idea of using additional metal pieces ala "www.skytrex.com" or GHQ 1/285 scale to create new units THAT ARE NATION SPECIFIC do in fact have merit.

example: to represent mechanized infantry you may use a half track piece or for the allies a truck transport.

The soviet armored guard units can have a KV-1 to represent this formation

Katyuska rockets can represent artillery batteries of these units

Soviet shock troops can be represented by soviet troops wearing that winter uniform and painted white.

German heavy tanks unit can be represented as a king tiger

SS panzer can be represented as black painted king tiger with hershell turret.

ss panzer grenadiers can be black painted half tracks

well you get the general idea...

somewhere on this site is the magic d12 national unit value list which has specific units with a d12 system.., ask elbowmaster for the link.. I made it but i don't know where to find it anymore... like 1.5 years ago.

ok take care for now.