My Dedication

In Axis & Allies Revised I asked - To whom do you dedicate your game? Make your dedication here
Yavid

My Dedication

Post by Yavid » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

I dedicate my game to two men in my life:

I wrote the second one first and couldn't figure out how to say this one. Only because how do you follow it with: My Dad. He was a Soldier First. Former Drill Sarget of the Year. He fought in the First Gulf War. And was in West Germany during the 80s when the Korean Airliner was shot down. He never blinked and never let his family know there was a problem. Being 3 at the time this was huge. He taught me how to play Risk at the age of 5. 27 years later I still haven't won a game yet. He started me on board gaming and war gaming. And my interest in WW2 started as something to talk to my father about. Now there's not a day that goes by I don't read, google or question something about the war.

Hersey C. Quinn Sr. of the 637th ordinance company. He landed on Omaha beach in the 2nd wave of troops on D-day. They supplied ammo to the 29th infantry division. And was with the 29th during the capture of St. Lo. He was a Buffalo Soldier and fought a miserable war against a Racist Dictator to return home to a racist home country. He never complained about it and choise to raise above.

Sounds like a couple of great dedications to me.
LH
Behold the Power of Yavid

Kaufschtick

Re: My Dedication

Post by Kaufschtick » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm

Sounds like a couple of great dedications to me.
LH

I'll second that.
Young, Rodger W., Private, 148th Infantry, 37th Infantry Division; born Tiffin, Ohio, 28 April 1918; died 31 July 1943, on the island of New Georgia, Solomons, South Pacific, while singlehandedly attacking and destroying an enemy machine-gun pillbox.

Yavid

Re: My Dedication

Post by Yavid » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 pm

Wow I just noticed Larry had something to say about it. I'm kind of honored.
Behold the Power of Yavid